KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

any of you boys tried it? how does it compare? I only ride on road, so off road capabilioty aint an issue..... Got a good offer on one, not sure if it is worth entertaining or not....

Any opinions?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep - I saw one in Scotland and the owning was really happy and it sounded amazing!! Even with standard pipe!

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Bike itself seems to be pretty good. BUT it may be worth checking out the situation on future backup and support. I think the dealer network is fairly small in the UK and smaller elsewhere in Europe - could be a problem if you break down. Also questions over the long term future of the company. If they go tits up spares could become hard to find.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Bike itself seems to be pretty good. BUT it may be worth checking out the situation on future backup and support. I think the dealer network is fairly small in the UK and smaller elsewhere in Europe - could be a problem if you break down. Also questions over the long term future of the company. If they go tits up spares could become hard to find.
I was thinking exactly the same but as Owen is quite a bit more diplomatic than me I would have said ......" it'll give shed loads of bother , mechanical and electrical well it is Italian , so , it'll be shite :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you dont like the Italian bikes and I know they can be trouble BUT I have had 4 ducatis in the past, and apart from some fugger who set fire to my 600 monster, I never had any bother!!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
worst off all will be the lack off bolt on goodies

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Moto Morini - cracking engine by all accounts, but as others have said, probably in the same league as Benelli, bimota etc... mucho exclusive

and will probably go wrong.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
A mate has one after having a 990 Adventure and he loves it, he's been around europe on it and had no troubles with it. Spares dont seem to be a problem and servicing seems to not break the bank unlike the service charges KTM make us pay. They go well too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers for this too - am actually going to have a look tonight. I met a guy whilst in Scotland - he had done 14tkm on his without a single problem and was loving it..... Will see what I think tonight when I see it in the flesh!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I was thinking exactly the same but as Owen is quite a bit more diplomatic than me I would have said ......" it'll give shed loads of bother , mechanical and electrical well it is Italian , so , it'll be shite :D
As you often say, diplomacy all the way mate....tractors for cunts and GranPasso`s for the uninitiated!!!:rotflmao:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just been to see it, it looks the tits and I reckon I might take it - good offer and a good trade in, so although no ABS, it has all else and some!!!!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
looks like the multistrada to me!

is it me or are all the other adv type bikes looking fat wide and heavy compare d to the ktm?
Read and watched MCN`s take on the big four...Multistrada/Adventure 990/1200 GS/Tenere.

Yeah a bike for all purposes...nah no thanks.Rather have my bike for singular application.The GS/Tenere/Multistrada are good in there way but going like the HOGs to exclusive well heeled clientèle.I dont have an Adv but i have a 690 single and having the bike with every conceivable gizmo/electronic aid dont maketh the rider...the bike maketh the rider!!!

Im spending my cash on a 750 Norton and going classic to add to my collection along with the 690R.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
looks like the multistrada to me!

is it me or are all the other adv type bikes looking fat wide and heavy compare d to the ktm?
In a word yes.

The other bikes mentioned are all good road bikes, that can do a little off road, whereas the KTM is an off road bike that happens to be brilliant on the road as well.

I agree with the electronics issue - more to go wrong. I'm still nowhere near the full capability of my 950, but I'm enjoying every moment of fulfilling it's (and my) potential.

Dave J

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this is a very good point - I spoke to the ducati dealer about the multistrada - he said great, no doubt BUT too many electrical parts!! he said fine whilst under warranty, but afterwards.... he said he didnt trust what they had done!!!

Interesting opinion from a guy that sells them!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts