KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Mousses are not tyres, you will always need to run a tyre, what you put inside it can vary, do you mean mousses or inner tubes? If so you can throw into the mix tubeliss systems too.

As to your question I guess it will depend on what you are using your bike for and over what sort of terrain.

I green lane only with a bit of road work between the lanes, I run a tubeliss system front and rear.

I believe that mousses will require to to buy a decent tyre changing 'machine' such as a
'Rabaconda' (cheap imitations won't do the job).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mousses are not tyres, you will always need to run a tyre, what you put inside it can vary, do you mean mousses or inner tubes? If so you can throw into the mix tubeliss systems too.

As to your question I guess it will depend on what you are using your bike for and over what sort of terrain.

I green lane only with a bit of road work between the lanes, I run a tubeliss system front and rear.

I believe that mousses will require to to buy a decent tyre changing 'machine' such as a
'Rabaconda' (cheap imitations won't do the job).
Yeah, sorry i am not that good with the bike terms and i actually speak a other language😂

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
i actually speak a other language😂
In that case you are doing very well!

What are you planning to use your bike for?

Checkout 'Tubeliss' its loads better than mousses!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Ummmm...
We live on a farm, its really flat here so I am just going to drive around here on the farm
In that case if you are never going on the road then you could mousses, my understanding is that they are not good at a constant high speed. Having said that you could use tubes, HD tubes or Tubeliss. If you you are just messing about on your farm then just tubes or HD tubes would be the cheapest option that would work well enough for you in my opinion. Mousses are great if you cannot afford to get a puncture because it would put you out of a race or leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Moose’s

Mine last ages and never give the tyres a second thought!
Last three rides out others have had puncture ‘s. It can ruin the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mooses.

and a cheap £30 tyre changer will work fine, that’s all I’ve used until recently. I’ve only just upgraded to a rabaconda, and only because I’m 100% certain moose’s are the tyre filling of choice for me.

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Just on the farm? I’d use just well prepped wheels and quality HD tubes with slime inside. 10 psi front. 8 psi rear or thereabouts. Get decent tyres though. If grassy get something with edges. Rocky and rough you’d be fine with Michelin Trackers. Cheap, tough and consistent feeling.

Tubliss are next most cost effective but fiddly if you’re not nifty with tools. You also need to maintain them and check pressure pre ride like tubes.

Mousses are most expensive but zero punctures. Still need to be maintained. You don’t need a changing device, standard levers are plenty but a changer makes life easy. A Rabaconda makes life a dream. Less than 10 mins to swap both tyres/clean and re lube the mousse. Putting the wheels back in the bike is the hardest part with a Raba.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
In that case if you are never going on the road then you could mousses, my understanding is that they are not good at a constant high speed. Having said that you could use tubes, HD tubes or Tubeliss. If you you are just messing about on your farm then just tubes or HD tubes would be the cheapest option that would work well enough for you in my opinion. Mousses are great if you cannot afford to get a puncture because it would put you out of a race or leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere!
Okay my only problem with normal inner tubes is when I get a flat tyre and the farm is quite big and there is no way i can contact someone for help if i go stand in the middel of nowhere, thanks everyone for your advice

·
Registered
383 Posts
My bibs have done over 2000 miles
Mixed riding includes probably 50 hours of very hot conditions in Spain, As long as they keep the tyres pushed on to the rim I will continue

I’ve no complaints with them, it’s the only puncherless sytem,
But I’ve also got some tubliss and like those, Tubliss makes the bike feel more awake than the mousses

1 - 20 of 23 Posts