KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to Australia for a few years (work; Sydney), and just found out I can't register my KTM there...:frown: so I'm selling it. 2 questions...

What's a well maintained 09 250 EXC worth (with, and without Rekluse and LhRB set up)?

Will a Rekluse for the 250 also fit a 2012 300 EXC?You see where I'm going with this... :D:D

Thanks,

Dutch

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
how come you cant register it there? I was pretty sure you could just that it is fairly expensive to do, but then ktm's there are scarily expensive to buy! no idea about the rekluse or value of your bike, soz!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couple of reasons. One is I'm there on a 457 temp work visa, which means I can't import private vehicle. I can bring it and ride on private land, but registering it is v difficult...

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I just bought a mint 09 exc New plastics. new graphics, map switch, case saver, new c+s alu sumpgaurd
Enduro engineering handgaurds 12 months tax and mot and I paid £3100

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I'm looking at getting a 250exc, would be interested if the price is right, not worried about the recluse either if you wanted to keep it.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Can't you import it on a temporary vehicle import?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm going to Oz on the same visa, are you sure you can't register a bike out there? I intend on staying though so I assume I could store it and register it when I get my residency visa sorted.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm looking at getting a 250exc, would be interested if the price is right, not worried about the recluse either if you wanted to keep it.
cheers NKL. I received a few PMs showing interest to buy. If I put it up for sale, I'll post up a bidding link.

Fozzy that sounds like a good deal. I think I'd be asking for £3500 without the Rekluse. In similar condition. Mint, 2 sets of plastics, lots of spares, case guards, knuckle guards, exhaust guards, new tyres, etc. If I sell it... And I'm hoping I don't have to...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm going to Oz on the same visa, are you sure you can't register a bike out there? I intend on staying though so I assume I could store it and register it when I get my residency visa sorted.
You have 6 months to get it registered, but it's "illegal" to bring a vehicle into the country without import approval. Import approval will take minimal 6 weeks but from what I've read it will take longer... Customs will charge 80AUD a day storage and you'll probably be fined. If you do not succeed in importing and registering the bike, you either export it or they destroy it 2,000AUD). Shambles...

The ADR bit is the ball ache. Read up on it...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fibulna: yes I'm considering that. Might be easier to sell here and buy new there though.
Felix: a 457 is for max 4 years. Your company can renew it, you'd need to leave the country and sign a new contract...on a 457 you can apply for LAFHA tax benefits (for now) which means tax free rent (providing you own and keep your home in UK). Looks like they are changing this in July though. I reckon I'll be on a 457 for a year, and switch to perm residency once the tax benefits wear off. The success of the job, and the happiness of the family will decide how long we are over for...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
id start sending it over now in bits frame one day shocks the next head n barrel gearbox all that wheels don't bother sending tyres as moto zee is the tyre for o zz n they are cheap same with plastics get them over there then if you get stopped just say your checking on the sheep and say this in an ozzy accent put fosters stickers on your plastics and lid you won't get any bother nice cops over there soooooooooo much rooooooom to play oh you could carry an airosol for the sheep and tell plod you are marking them
have fun over there and if i was as lucky as you id sell my bike here and buy over there may cost you a bit but less hastle and am sure your wage is going to cover it id be more worried about school fees good luck on your adventure pal n fly the orange flag

1 - 20 of 20 Posts