KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am looking for a new handlebar cos the old one bended..

I've seen the twinwall renthal and I heard from few that it is a very good handlebar but I don't know how convenient the twinwall will be..
What do you guys use in your MX bikes?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll go then for the 997. I found it from ebay at 85quids comparing the double price from ktm..

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
twinwall everytime

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Whats the real advantage of twinwalls?
They bend in a different place!

Nowt wrong with the normal braced Renthals - I prefer them to the fat bars. They're half the price, they turn the bike from left to right, you can fit stuff on the brace (like a map holder, or phone case or whatever).

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks mate ;)

The stupid thing is that I've realise that my bar is bended after installing my new grips..
Now I have to find a way to take it off but I am pretty sure that I'll find.. :D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still looking for bars..

To be honest I don't really like the twinwalls and I can't be sure if they will be handily, I took a look at the renthal and pro tapers ones (Fat bars) but it seems that they are low comparing to the magura ones (X-line SX).

Magura are ok but expensive tho.

Any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
275 Posts
To take your grips off, warm them up with a heat gun/hairdryer and either use compressed air to blow under them or peel them back making sure they dont fold inside out

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To take your grips off, warm them up with a heat gun/hairdryer and either use compressed air to blow under them or peel them back making sure they dont fold inside out
Thanks, it's doesn't concern me atm cos I don't have the new bars :)
When I'll have them I'll take them out nice and easy as you said ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts