KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i thought id share my little project ive been working on.
After building a 625 smc a couple of years ago i got the ktm bug, so since then ive always fancied doing another.
Unfortunatly with recession and my job getting cut at the end of last year ive been a tad skint...:frown:
After getting a new job a few months ago i thought it was time to take up the chance of owning another orange wheely machine...
With money being a limit i wanted something cheap to build up or repair, so i started looking at the bay and then up popped this....

It was stuck on a farm in a shed all unloved... i went to see it and it sounded dreadful.... very rattly.
But after research on here i discovered it could be the gear nut loose.... so i took a chance and snapped it up.
It arrived 3 weeks ago one sat morning and i got to work stripping it....

As you can see it was well dirty and battered..
And after stripping the engine out i discovered it was the crank nut!! it near enough fell off in my hand... jobs a good one.

I decided i wanted to strip it and start again really, so i sent the frame off to the enamelers in burton on trent ( C.J Ward ) Very good!:D

and a week later the frame was returned looking all shiny....

After sourcing later bits off here ( Pec Gaz ), ( Brokenlegs - mark )... i started the rebuild....

So its nearly done, its waiting for a very nice beringer 6 pot, and some sm forks off the ktm mobile shop!!! ( brokenlegs ) :D

Then its sticker kit , mot tax and ive got me a little supermoto to knock about on...

im pretty pleased with the outcome, and a big thanks to all the advise and help ive had off here... as im pretty new to ktms and supermoto its been a big help.. ;)

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Very nice mate :smokin:, If I see a 520 on its back wheel in Derby I'll give you a nod. Be good to see and hear it in the flesh.

Headster, you don't miss an opportunity to do get your crayons out ;) :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
looks awsome great job, love the tyres, how do they compare to normal road bike tyres??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers lads, yeah graphics, later headlamp and few bits and bobs and it's done. Can't wait to get it out. Have to meet up with some of you when I'm on road for chat..

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Nice bike.

thanks Headster :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the 6 pot beringer arrived from fleabay!! and ive just set straight to work installing it........ well so i thought!! ive tried bleeding it for the past hour!!!! and no joy. I thought it Had seized but after close inspection... upon pumping the lever, fluid is coming out around the pistons..... great!!!!

so ive just sent a very nice email to the bloke in question demanding my money back.!!!

so ive still not got a front brake..
bugger!!!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I have a black beringer 6 pot set up (inclu m/c no bleeding required) I would sell

1 - 20 of 47 Posts