KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right was due to sell my rfs this week but a new work contract found me being called away to work and having to forget the sale, now looking at hugoagago's sm originaly built by pec gaz has been running thry my mind on a daily basis since i seen the work of art :cool: so thought i gotta build myself an 08 styled rfs. searching ebay found me the tank,subframe airbox and various panels. so i got to work taking apart my rfs

got down to the bare rolling chassis wish i never got this frame powdercoated last week :D

got the parts thru this morning so set out to remove the tank peg for relocating,put the tank and subframe on loose to see where my brackets are gonna go, looks pretty straight forward bit of chopping and welding and we will be there..i hope. anyway this is how far i got today as i need to head off for 10 days to earn some crust :mad:

i'll update is as soon as i can,thought i'd put it on the forum for a couple of reasons, main one being to keep my ass into gear other being incase anyone else wants to do this mod

·
Premium Member
31,506 Posts
I started mine in 2008, never finished it!!! I hope you get yours done quicker than I did.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
its still got an engine in it ;) and was in use until very recently, iv'e bought pegaz's latest bastid :D so now i have 2 bastids.

Frames with no dad's :rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
big job

i can see some crying ahead ,a fair bit of burnt powdercoatingand after all that hard work your going to have to sort out that manky front pipe and get the latest rear shock to make it look just right, a bit of pro carbon on the tank should do it, have fun.
keep the pic's comin
mines on hold as i can't get to it, a golf with a blown box is jamed into my garage.;)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
still looked real good last time it passed me on the back wheel covered in mud , with a big geezer on it.
miss my sm too

·
Premium Member
31,506 Posts
Who's got the 540 motor out of it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts