KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on Seiko's bike this weekend we discovered that the high-level connector between the two fuel tanks has a perished grommet, which allows fuel to escape.

It should be a simple job to replace the grommet, but I can't find it in the parts book. There are four (two per tank) grommets for the vents, but they are smaller and thinner than the one for the balance pipe.

I've found a photo of the offending bit on the 950 Info site, but no part number:

I know that the web site has a guide to removing the pipe and sealing the holes, but that's not what's wanted here.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
looks like the same grommet as used on the harrier jump jet ejector seat........nip round to your local RAF base out of hours and jobs a gooden:D

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
looks like the same grommet as used on the harrier jump jet ejector seat........nip round to your local RAF base out of hours and jobs a gooden:D
That's exactly what I was thinking .............. obviously the Mk1 and not the later models.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
'tiz an update part,i bet if you go in a dealer they will price it for you.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTF is going on with your thumb G? You been sucking it again?? :D
That's a stolen... err... library photo and not me nor my thumb :D

I've done some detective work too, and now have the part number and a couple of the connectors on the way to me. Chances are they're going to go on mine sooner or later.

Can't post the part number here though - it's on a Post-It, stuck to the desk at work :redface:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...and here's the offending part, complete with missing rubbery bit:

The part number is 60107029100.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Just to clarify on the part numbers (this is as shown on my invoice)

part no: 60107027000 (nozzle for tank connection £2.58)
part no: 60107029100 (thread bushing £7.34)

both parts were buggered, so if your changing em I'd recommend doing both

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just to clarify on the part numbers (this is as shown on my invoice)

part no: 60107027000 (nozzle for tank connection £2.58)
part no: 60107029100 (thread bushing £7.34)

both parts were buggered, so if your changing em I'd recommend doing both

Is this another of those "must change at around 16K miles" items like the slave, waterpump seals and fuel pump?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Is this another of those "must change at around 16K miles" items like the slave, waterpump seals and fuel pump?
Dunno, but it's worth checking. Ya just got to remove the glove box and have a squizz

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Is this part just the 'update' link pipe to stop them overflowing when fueled up too high in hot weather? If so,not all bikes have this,mine doesn't and nor do i need it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts