KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello KTM Forum. As a part of my maintenance for the KTM EXC 125, i checked my reeds and noticed this.

Is this something to be worried about? The bike is lacking some low range power, but if it doesn't hurt the bike i probably won't change them. (They just cost too much for me at the moment.) The bike has 600 hours on it (ikr:confused:) and i have no idea when the reeds have been last replaced (i just bought it used). Thanks :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Change them!!! They're shagged! What you don't want is one breaking off and chewing up the engine. Also low throttle and low revs performance is affected by worn out reeds.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should i change all of them at once, or just the ones that are worn out? Again, i am very poor at the moment, but i still don't want do any damage to my engine.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
As painful as new reeds may be Alex they are right. Keep using the old damaged ones and it could cost you the whole motor.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
either change them all or stop using the bike till you can....

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
They have a hard life opening closing 180 times a second at full revs. Follow the good advice of others on here. I'm sure Judd has the petals for around £60 which is v reasonable.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the help :) The previous owner sure hasn't done his maintenance.. All of the bolts are rusted shut and the threads are gone, the jetting was way off, the reeds were looking like shit and to top it all off the piston had seized:censored:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts