KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after dropping my forks off to be re-built yesterday Ive been thinking of getting my self some fork gaiters. Now, some dude told me they are the nuts and hes never had a seal go while using them :confused: so what are your thoughts guys? Also in the KTM shop they were £21 but found some on ebay for half that price, the only thing is my forks are now not here so I dont know the size of them :frown: the ones im looking at say 50mm KTM/CRF but 50mm sounds a little small..........finally when fitting them, do you recommend fixing them at both top and bottom :confused: Only some people ive seen just tie them off at the top and leave the bottom lose.

all comments welcomed ;)

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
ive never had a seal go with them fitted

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I got the long KTM's one and cut it in 2 pieces so with 21 quids I have 2 sets ;)
I tied them only on top.
HTH

·
Registered
640 Posts
Kreiga do a good one that neoprene.. check there website
not very strong though the kriega are more rubbery than the other neoprene ones,
my kriegas split after 1 ride,yes i dropped the bike but i would still expect it not to wear through from a light spill on loose soil.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Why not just buy some neoprene, wrap it round and cable tie it. No need for poncey names on it.

Also, remember to remove them regular like to clean underneath.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Well, after dropping my forks off to be re-built yesterday Ive been thinking of getting my self some fork gaiters. Now, some dude told me they are the nuts and hes never had a seal go while using them :confused: so what are your thoughts guys? Also in the KTM shop they were £21 but found some on ebay for half that price, the only thing is my forks are now not here so I dont know the size of them :frown: the ones im looking at say 50mm KTM/CRF but 50mm sounds a little small..........finally when fitting them, do you recommend fixing them at both top and bottom :confused: Only some people ive seen just tie them off at the top and leave the bottom lose.

all comments welcomed ;)

your forks are 48 mm mate
cable tie 'em to the top only,so they sit just up from the raised collar,get 'em tight,they won't move

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
313 Posts
Fitted a set of Kriega seal protectors to my 08 200 exc.
Things never lasted a single trip - the fork protectors destroyed them.

In the process of reporting this back to Kriega just now - it's the first time I've used
one of their products that wasn't spot on.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fitted a set of Kriega seal protectors to my 08 200 exc.
Things never lasted a single trip - the fork protectors destroyed them.

In the process of reporting this back to Kriega just now - it's the first time I've used
one of their products that wasn't spot on.
yeah one of my plastic covers has worn the front of my fork a little so im gonna space them off a bit, as with all after market parts its important to check fit/clearance prior to use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts