1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
That looks very groovy!

·
Ex 9fiddy sm'er
4,925 Posts
Does look nice, but anyone read the text not just looked at the pretty pictures? This is BOLLOX! What is this insistence by bike manufacturers with ABS, TCS yadda yadda? Why cant we just use our throttle if we get into trouble! Feckin Eurocrats....

Orange frame'd be nicer :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed orange frame would give me wood! ABS i guess is to make it attractive to peeps considering the fugly MTS 1200

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
WTF does "The queen of negative acceleration" mean anyway? The brakes are good? :confused:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Does look nice, but anyone read the text not just looked at the pretty pictures? This is BOLLOX! What is this insistence by bike manufacturers with ABS, TCS yadda yadda? Why cant we just use our throttle if we get into trouble! Feckin Eurocrats....
Might be reflecting market demand.......
for some reason the 'Cherman's' have a fascination with ABS and
are most reluctant to buy bikes without ABS.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm actually glad I bought my 2010 smt a week ago now - not at all a fan of the new paint job! I prefer the headlight mask and tank in black - and then a splash of colour on the side...

ABS would have saved me in my recent little off though...

/bfg

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not a real fan of white panels on bikes except for logo's and pinstriping maybe.It just makes them look too nice.Motorcycles aren't suppose to look nice and angelic.They are supposed to look badarse IMHO.2007SDR is the best looking colour scheme KTM I reckon.That's the bike that gave me my idea's for my new paint job.Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ridden bikes with and without ABS

Love my new SMT and Benelli, but on a greasy wet morning I have nearly been off the Nelli more than once.
I still have an old BMW R1100S, with ABS and it has saved me more than once, especially when you get it wrong and instict gets you to grab a handful!!

If you need to do an emergency stop for a dead deer in the road (yes last week emergency, better than horse riders) you will be thanking the ABS

Only issue I have even found was in Mountain pass going down, if you are braking hard and the rear wheel locks up the ABS releases the brakes, now that is scary !!!

Would have bought the ABS version if it had been available - does that make me a bad person - Umm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts