KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a new 690 smc r and wondered what you all thought?

Are they less vibey than the older 690 motor?

Do they benefit for dropping 1 tooth on the front sprocket?

Is the eye watering £1200 for an Akra slip on worth it

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't get a test ride anywhere but can do a Husky 701 in Bristol next week and I believe they are similar.

Also there doesn't appear to any stock of a new one anywhere either which could be an issue

·
Registered
68 Posts
Had one since April this year and really enjoying it. Only downside is what wibble has said - you're stuck with the stock settings because the ECU is locked down.

Vibrations are dampened compared to previous models and tens to only be an issue when cruising at consistent speeds for extended periods, and the seat is barely more than a plank of wood which padded shorts go a small way towards solving (I'm too cheap to buy the comfort seat).

As an indicator, I've comfortably been putting 200 miles a day on it over mainly b roads and some a roads (not much straight line riding). Anything over the 200 mark and it becomes less likely I'll be out on it again the next day.

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
I love mine! Went down one on the front cog! Still rips and will hit 100
I think people are still modding the new ones, mines a 20 so it’s okay. Newuns are harder I believe but there’s always a way.
Mine came with the akro which has grown on me tbh, I’ve removed the baffles but they pop back in for track days. Done all the dongles and she rips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm running the 21 model on a daily commute which is a 30 mile round trip. Loving the bike but it runs pretty rough at low speeds and sounds like a bag of nails. I've got the Wings can and can't fault the price and quality, the customer service was also spot on. I'm also running the CRT Dongle specifically for the 21 model and that has definitely helped the power low down. I shall be swapping to a 15 tooth countershaft sprocket as I think this will help the low speed running.

I do have some issues with the bike flaming out at low revs occassionaly, is anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only 150 miles in but in street mode the low down fuelling seemed fine and a million times better than I have experienced on a 640 and 2015 690.
Im not sure if it has the Akra map or not.

I want to do a few more miles before deciding to drop a tooth on the front sprocket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts