KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just a quick intro - picked up my new (well, 2005, but new to me) 950SM last week. I'm in Ireland, but picked her up in the UK, I actually bought it from a Forum member on here, don't know his user name, but if he's online, he'll know ;-)

I've returned to biking after a years sabbatical - last bike was an 04 ZX10R - great machine, but I've had my fill of litre sports bikes.

Anyway, I'll try and get some pics up soon, but I was hopin for some opinions:

I had her out for a rowdy spin yesterday, couple of wheelies, etc, and I lost all pressure in the clutch - wouldn't disengage at all. Got it home OK, and when I checked it this morning, it was fine.
I've read about potential slave cylinder problems, I'm hopin it's only a fluid issue and not something that's gonna cost me money I don't have.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
think you answered it in your question ... slave cyl prob , hopefully it was just sticking but more than likely it will need a replacement .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine once did this mate first check the oil level at the lever and check around there at the same for any wetness indicating any leaks! If all appears fine! You can remove the clutch slave cylinder easy enough but removing two bolts and pulling it out! The piston can be removed by taking out a internal circlip once removed the piston o ring can be checked and if not replaced rub some grease around it and replace!
You'll then need to bleed the clutch just as you do with brakes on a car!
I did exactly this and my clutch never gave me a problem again!
Hope this helps dude!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey dude,welcome home. what part of ireland? limerick/tipp meself. make sure you use the correct fluid. i dont think yer average dot4/5 will surfice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Hogi - thanks - I'll try this - want to exhaust all options before I have to go and replace things - if I spend anymore money on this, I'll probably be divorced . . . :p

@ FIREY - thanks for the reply - I'll try Hogi's route first before replacing things!

@ mtp - How's she cuttin? I'm up in Laytown beside Drogheda, so a bit away from you, but good to know some other Irish members. I'll be sure to get the right fluid before starting the bleeding

Update to follow over the weekend

Couple of pics from the weekend I got her:

·
Registered
7 Posts
More of a 'take two,their only small' i think!:smokin: LOL. I'm up around Caven every other weekend as im tapping a young one from Baileboro. Might bump into you when out for a lash. Hmmmm,young one might be streaching it a bit!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts