KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new bike yesterday and I have to say it’s awesome. I loved my 1190 too but the extra torque is noticeable and that engine!......how is it so smooth. Incredible for a big V.
Fitted a Puig screen, Crispy Design decals to front mudguard and a Shad plate for the box. I’ll sort panniers later. Waiting for a new end can to arrive and crash bars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the Ergo heated one on my 1190....it was good. I’ve only done about 200 miles on the 1290 so far and you’re right it’s hard. I’ll give it a while more before I decide to buy the Ergo as the test bike I rode had the standard seat and was much more comfy so I’m hoping it does likewise.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I do love the bike, but the seat does not love me, I am waiting for the 'Ergo' version to see what difference it makes on linger journeys.
Ergo seats are a must, we have owned a 1090/1190/1290 each came with a different, but equally shite standard seat.

The Ergo is really what as standard seat should be like, a vast improvement on the standard one, but still not a sofa.like experience of a BMW Comfort seat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ergo seats are a must, we have owned a 1090/1190/1290 each came with a different, but equally shite standard seat.

The Ergo is really what as standard seat should be like, a vast improvement on the standard one, but still not a sofa.like experience of a BMW Comfort seat.
No doubt ill end up getting one.... Just wanted the pain for a while 😂

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did 475 miles in a day on the Ergo....no issues at all :)
Likewise on my 1190. I think I might just take the plunge. I was going to leave it to see if it softened up but I suppose it won’t that much. The demo bike was comfy tho with standard seat so I thought it might bed in.
how was the height thing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I but the bullet....bought the Ergo Riders seat today. Very nice....pity it is a tad higher but still great

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got both even though I don't take pillion much. The ergo seat is a different finish, so they don't match if you only change one.

Daz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts