KTM Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I didn’t like the 690 Duke when I had a go on it, it was a blinged up R, Akra, decat etc. It felt great handling wise but the power to weight wasn’t right, felt like it needed 20 horses on it where’s the SMC doesn’t as it’s just a big dirt bike and not road focused at all.

I’ll always say it that when I had a go on a Tuono V4 it ruined middleweight road bikes for me, everything I got on between 70-120hp and 150-180kg after that felt underwhelming
Wasn't keen on v4, was too cramped in the leg

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I remember the 2014 690duke seat for me a lot more comfy then my new duke, I am more comfy on my smc with the seat concepts after market seat, I have the power parts seat on at the moment and need my blow up seat hawk thingy on for any distance, any one know if the 2014 duke seat will fit the new bike, done a search but Google is no help.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I remember the 2014 690duke seat for me a lot more comfy then my new duke, I am more comfy on my smc with the seat concepts after market seat, I have the power parts seat on at the moment and need my blow up seat hawk thingy on for any distance, any one know if the 2014 duke seat will fit the new bike, done a search but Google is no help.
Yes if you swap pillion too. They're swappable both directions but only as a pair.

P.s I'm 90% sure of this

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thanks Weeksy, just got one from ebay and if it does not fit with my cowl it will be a good place for a bag to sit, as I do carry a bag where the back seat should sit some times.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Wash your mouth out with soap!!!
If you do damage with a pressure washer it’s your fault not the machine I say , think where you point it and how close you get. I use one because it uses half the water and is less random than a hose
That’s my view anyway , no way I could have done much off road in the last without cleaning the bike with a pressure wash .

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Mine was very hard when new , it softened up quite a bit after a thousand miles or so . If you want me to ride it for you to run the seat in I’ll pick it up at the weekend , my fat arse will do much better job than your skinny butt

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If you do damage with a pressure washer it’s your fault not the machine I say , think where you point it and how close you get. I use one because it uses half the water and is less random than a hose
That’s my view anyway , no way I could have done much off road in the last without cleaning the bike with a pressure wash .
Ah, off-road bikes.
My trail bike will get gratuitous pressure washing, and sometimes I even have get my hands in there and drag out clumps of muddy long grass or river weed.
It also gets lots of TLC with bearings & axle greasing.
I haven't yet pointed a pressure washer at my road bikes.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
The 939 SP is a great bike, but it’s not as good as my 950 SMR, it’s much more focused the Ducati which is good in some respects but I find the 950 to be a much less hectic ride, it’s effortless and with the smaller narrower tank avd stiffer suspension than a standard SM it’s just amazing. It’s the last of the big motors with zero rider aids
I have the 950 hypermotard and have to say , I love it , my 990 SMR feels like a bus compared to it :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
New seat came today, well old 2014 duke seat, went for a spin down to Newquay and back up the coast road and for me its a lot better, think the new seat is ok for a fat ass!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Might see you later then on you new bike, I will listen out for you should hear you coming from miles away.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
So i bought the Cat converter from Leo VInce.

The Cat is almost 6kg so it's a massive saving of weight, along with being a LOT tidier and also giving the ability to change the oil without getting it all over the Cat.

The one irk i have when people do this conversion is that they leave the bracket that holds the Cat in place.

delko and Leo Vince by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

If you look by the front of the engine you can see it there.... It's an easy removal job but needs a spacer installing.

2020-04-07_02-30-34 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

2020-04-07_02-30-17 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

2020-04-07_02-30-05 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

2020-04-07_02-29-55 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
That's something i don't actually know the answer to yet.

I guess it removes the cat but has pre-silencing in it. Reports are it's not as loud as the straight-through, which was WAY too loud for me.
LEOVINCE DECAT PIPE ELIMINATOR EXHAUST
LEOVINCE PART : 8070
LeoVince designed this decat pipe to give you more power, and sound. Their unique primary silencer cuts down the harsh notes from your exhaust system whilst still giving a better more throaty sound, and helps back pressure for a better performing exhaust.
*includes decat pipe, rubber bush, mountings etc
*replaces stock catalyst
*tested to fit with original silencer or LeoVince

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Ok it’s a pre-silencer, sometimes called a resonator. Much better than a straight decat pipe IMO. Should give a nice sound.
The full Akra on the SD is similar.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
SO it arrived and is fitted. It even comes with the spacer for removing the bracket.

2020-04-08_10-50-54 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

It also mounts with a rubber mount which allows a bit of flex, the cheaper straight trough versions don't.

2020-04-08_10-48-03 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Looking down it, it has baffling built into it, so the pre-silencer is actually defined rather than just a 'shape' built into the can, it has a proper baffle function to it.

2020-04-08_10-47-18 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

The trickiest part is getting the gaskets in for the junction points, they're REALLY tight fit and it's a proper faff, but far from impossible.

Note, the error for ABS+MTC wasn't there again :D

Noise wise, tough to say, i've done 50m in the close to the end, then back again 50m. You can notice the noise more on the throttle-off, but i think once you hit 5000rpm you also get more noise compared to stock too. But unlike the full straight through, it's not making your ears bleed when riding.
However, until this lockdown ends, i won't really know more.

All in all, very happy.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts