KTM Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Some days, things just work out perfectly.

Lovely lovely sunny day, warm, dry, nice.

Mrs Weeksy wakes up and says "Farm shop opens at 8, we need meat"

Farm shop is about 3 miles away, nearest supermarket is 7.. So i'm taking that as OK :)

2020-04-11_08-28-09 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

The bike worked perfectly, the ride was superb, twisty fun back-lanes... Everything seemed to flow lovely... Just all top class.

Coming back wasn't quite as nice with 15kg of meat in my rucksack weighing me down and throwing the balance of the bike off :lol: :lol: :lol:

But still, all in all, fantastic morning, if a little on the short side :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi Weeksy. I have a 2008 690 Duke which I love ..A few months ago I bought a set of rearsets for my bike but they only fit the later models such as yours. I'm only interested in recovering my original costs so if you're interested give me a shout. They are brand new, black anodised with S/S fittings etc.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Hi Weeksy. I have a 2008 690 Duke which I love ..A few months ago I bought a set of rearsets for my bike but they only fit the later models such as yours. I'm only interested in recovering my original costs so if you're interested give me a shout. They are brand new, black anodised with S/S fittings etc.
afraid not sorry mate. Thanks though.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Yeah yeah.

Well,

I've sat here and sat here and even discussed it in depth with a few other lunatics we all know and I said

"When I had a 790 I tested a 690 and went straight home and bought the 690"

So I've pulled the plug on the 790 purchase and the 690 stays.

I'm not sure anyone cares enough to abuse me, but if you do, go for it.

Thread closed

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah yeah.

Well,

I've sat here and sat here and even discussed it in depth with a few other lunatics we all know and I said

"When I had a 790 I tested a 690 and went straight home and bought the 690"

So I've pulled the plug on the 790 purchase and the 690 stays.

I'm not sure anyone cares enough to abuse me, but if you do, go for it.

Thread closed
Hang on you’ve cancelled the 790?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Simple answer is, I love 690s but due to a minor issue with an MTC+abs error I threw my toys out the pram and decided to jump to the 790.
But as I say, I was sitting there thinking about when I had a 790 and did a test ride on the 690 and loved it way more.
It just took a small self kick up the arse to realise it.

·
Registered
14,832 Posts
Cost to change must be £1500-£1700 ? I think it’s a mega deal to get a new 790, fantastic bikes, best out of the box bike for that money you can buy, different league to a 690 altogether IMO . . .

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #116 (Edited)
Cost to change must be £1500-£1700 ? I think it’s a mega deal to get a new 790, fantastic bikes, best out of the box bike for that money you can buy, different league to a 690 altogether IMO . . .
It's a different bike for sure, but it's only a different league if that's what you want and like. I weighed it up, again again again in my head and i keep coming back to the simple fact of swapping my previous 790 for the 690, no discussion, no debate at the time, just paid it and was more than happy.
I think i just went a bit nuts a couple of weeks back when i decided to swap it.

Put it this way, i'm not sitting here with any doubts about it being the right decision this morning. I'm not expecting many people to understand it, not in the slightest, but we're all different riders, all different people.

So of course the question you're all asking yourselves is

"what happened to the dual exhaust he bought for the 790 then?"

Answer will be...

DSC_0627_zpsmfxybfev by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

It's turned into a single exhaust for the 690 :)

The dual arrives at the dealer today, so i've told them to send me a single 690 can instead.

·
Registered
15,196 Posts
I haven’t been following at this. You bought a 790 awhile back, got rid of it almost immediately, bought another 690, you were going to buy another 790 just now , but have changed your mind, again?

And when someone says, “Im not having any doubts” they usually are. 😂

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I haven’t been following at this. You bought a 790 awhile back, got rid of it almost immediately, bought another 690, you were going to buy another 790 just now , but have changed your mind, again?

And when someone says, “Im not having any doubts” they usually are. 😂
yes, yes, yes.

I think that answers it all :)

·
Registered
15,196 Posts
But you didn’t like the 790 at all, and wrote paragraph after paragraph about why you like the 690 and not the 790. You’re off ya head Weeksy 😂 🤪

101 - 120 of 132 Posts