KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I can't believe you ordered a silver and black one, make no wonder it was cheap. it's not too late to cancel it.

Enjoy it and hopefully get some dry spells to ride it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe you ordered a silver and black one, make no wonder it was cheap. it's not too late to cancel it.

Enjoy it and hopefully get some dry spells to ride it.
Didn't really like the Matt orange one, preferred the glossy silver paintwork any day.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I like both colours but if they did it I'd have a shiny orange one.
I'm also not super impressed with the matt version, looks a bit cheap I think.

Originally I wanted the silver version of the 1190 but once I saw the orange one in the flesh I changed my mind.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Well I've bit the bullet and bought a pre registered 1290 S at a great price from my dealer...it's silver and black 0 miles.delivery in January
Nice one - pic's needed and hopefully you'll get a dry ride home.

I just bought myself a new sports bike for 2020 track action and also got a cracking deal - not many loonies buying bikes at Christmas time!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
I like both colours but if they did it I'd have a shiny orange one.
I'm also not super impressed with the matt version, looks a bit cheap I think.

Originally I wanted the silver version of the 1190 but once I saw the orange one in the flesh I changed my mind.
Shiny orange 1190 all the way...KTM's are supposed to be orange

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a new1290 s £11250.00 black and orange had spoked wheels put on at extra cost just fussy had the 1290t till some prick hit me off enjoy the bike

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Colour is the last thing I would be worried about, just look on this forum at the amount if electrical problems people are having with the bigger ktm's especially the keyless ones, at least the dealers are getting them fixed in there usual quick and efficent way:rotflmao:

My crashed bashed and thrashed africa twin is still trouble free, it has been sat for ages unused no trickle charger nothing, put the key in press the starter fires up no issues, Honda quality:p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Colour is the last thing I would be worried about, just look on this forum at the amount if electrical problems people are having with the bigger ktm's especially the keyless ones, at least the dealers are getting them fixed in there usual quick and efficent way:rotflmao:

My crashed bashed and thrashed africa twin is still trouble free, it has been sat for ages unused no trickle charger nothing, put the key in press the starter fires up no issues, Honda quality:p
I’ve just sold a Africa twin. It’s not all rosy with that bike either. Multiple claims put in for rust etc, I’ve not had a problem with my 1290.
The africa twin is a good bike but don’t go saying that every big Ktm has problems because they don’t.
Have a look at every bike and some people have a Friday afternoon build, it’s happened with me (ducati, Triumph, Honda etc etc)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts