KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Euro 5 as of 2020.

As we'll be out of the EU by the end of next year (?), someone should buy up the Vincent name and start making 200 bhp British V-twins with no cats, no baffles, no electronic aids and a legal waiver sticker on the tank: "Warning - this bike is not for gays. If you're a cunt who can't ride you will be killed and it'll be fuck all to do with us. Enjoy". They'd sell loads.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Just pop into your local KTM Dealer and take a 1290 out for a spin, you will instantly feel the difference on the first twist of the throttle.

The beauty of the KTM is it will crawl along as well as an Africe Twin (or any other under-powered motorcycle) and has a really linear power delivery / throttle response so you can dial in as much or as little power as you want - but I find I tend to want all the torque, rarely rev it out (don't need to as it puts out AT Power at just above tickover and weighs less)

As for the CRF450, what a cock up! There are some right idiots at Honda, if the CRF had a 15,000 mile service interval to match its 50BHP / Litre output I could of forgiven it, but it has 50% more capacity than my FE350, makes half the power and still needs a service every other ride....

...Even a 15 year old DRZ400S makes 50% more power and they last forever with normal service intervals.
Well you would feel more power its 300cc more:rolleyes: Downside is more power = more heat, Soon cook itself revving it in big dunes (thats what I bought and used the AT for) I did notice it has the same cooling pack as the 1090 as I did look at both and had a test ride on a 1090.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
"Warning - this bike is not for gays. If you're a cunt who can't ride you will be killed and it'll be fuck all to do with us. Enjoy".
Where can I get one of those stickers?

Reactions: enduro boy

·
Registered
50 Posts
+1...50k on the last one and 23k on the current 1190...and also no intention of changing it. Had a moment last summer and hankered after a SDGT for a while, but stopped myself, apologised to my bike, and bought a new (faster) car instead!
Yes, some of us remember the C**k teasing of buying a SDGT.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Will have to catch up for that ride out when the weather warms up!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts