KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I'm in the process of looking for a newer bike to buy. I am really struggling with so many choices at the moment. Any advice in helping me choose would be great.

I have a 7k budget.
Looking for the bike to be able to do a mixture of motocross and enduro but if being honest probably more enduro.
I'm 6ft 4" and 210lbs so a taller bike would be better.
I'm undecided on a 2 or 4 stroke. previous bikes have all been 2 stroke but had a few shots of a family members 350 sxf and actually liked it also.

I'm open to other brands of bikes also other than ktm.

Any advice on helping me make a decision ?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
what are your opinions on a sxf 450 2019 model and a yz450f similar year ? I'm pretty sure their is a shop near to me with a brand new yz450f 2019 model for 6995.
I've always wanted a new bike if I'm honest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd stay away from them for enduro if I were you but if you're mostly doing Mx then fair enough. Also, I'd steer towards a 350 myself, if you feel you're too big for a 250f.

New bikes are very nice for about 5 hours and then they may as well be second hand. I only buy knew but that's just because I keep them and I want to know what's happened to it.

For 7k you could pick up a very nice 350 exc or wr250f. Or if you really must go Motocross then a 350 sxf would be a good bet.

I'm very tempted by the 350 exc now after looking at them 🤔

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've narrowed down my list now and concentrating on a 350 exc. They seem to do a bit of everything and look exactly what I want. It doesn't have to be a brand new bike but would be nice. I intend to keep this bike for a long time so if not new then need to find a very clean example even if slightly older bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So after looking at different options it came down to 2 bikes. The 350 excf and the beta 300rr non racing. I was actually swaying more towards the beta as it was 2 stroke which I'm more experienced on and was less expensive. Had it not been for the poor customer service I would probably have had the Beta. 3 suppliers of Beta in Scotland. 2 off them the service was terrible. Told them I had cash and was looking for a beta 300rr. Was told won't be in until December or possibly even next year and basically didn't want to help or the hassle. Drysdale motorcycles in Perth were honest in saying that they were not expected Beta to at least December at the earliest. They are also ktm dealer and spoke to me regarding the 350 excf and gave me the ktm £700 discount and a few £££ more. Service was great and somewhere I'm more than happy to take my bike back to for servicing or repairs.
So I am now the owner of a 2022 ktm 350excf. First ever new bike so look forward to many happy memories on it 😊.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Tidy!!! Enjoy the new wheels. Im sure you will enjoy the 350.

Drysdales are good. Very good! My cone valves came from them with a decent bit of discount. Completely no fuss dealer.

Beta have sold the majority of bikes I think so if you find one you are lucky or it’s a traded 21 you have to take.

Update on the bike as you go……
Will do. First on the list will be to buy some frame protection accessories. Sump guard and not sure if anyone uses brake disc protectors? Just wondering which brand is the preferred choice when comes to frame protection accessories.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts