KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

15k on my '57 950sm ... and need a change ...now sounds like the consensus for the 950sm is 16t on the front ...but what about the rear sprocket ..

basically which chain and sprocket set should I get and where from (ping me back the ebay links and help me out ..pretty please)...

also the advice was to get the new bolts for the rear sprocket as they dont like being re-used ... do you agree ? ...where do I get them from ..ktm dealer ?

Thanks for the advice..

Cheers

Kris

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
mines 16 Front, 45 rear. top speed around 125mph. eye bleeding acceleration. i can barely change gears quick enough. dunno if youd need a longer chain for this set up as mine was on there when i bought it. all available off fleabay innit. or ktm if you want an orange one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
IIRC the OE fit is 17/41 with a 118 link chain.

Going to 16/45 you'd need a 120 link - but you might manage with a 118 depending on how much adjustment is available.

Greg

·
Registered
224 Posts
Anyone else's bike ever make a racket from the chain/sprockets after swapping to the 16T front sprocket? Mine occasionally does, which I put down to the 16T sprocket not being rubber-damped like the original 17T. I heard you can now get 16T rubber damped ones from KTM, so maybe consider getting one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts