KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
My other passion hairdresser cars is lacking power and needs a big turbo strapping to it, swap you a KTM for it ha!
How hairdressery are we talking? Is that a gen 2 MX-5 in your avatar?

There is a local company that does the whole turbo conversion.

I have a rebuilt RX-7 turbo sat on the shelf but be careful about choices - bigger turbo only required if you have done everything else and are short on air flow.
I do a true dynamic balance on the rotor and not just a single plain correction for displacement so it will spool and run faster. A few years ago I did a rebuild on a 1000bhp Mitsubishi GT 3000 with standard twin turbos and we tried lightening all the components for a faster spooling and the guy was well chuffed until the oil pump failed. Had to do a quick rebuild with standard components and he said there was no difference.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
How hairdressery are we talking? Is that a gen 2 MX-5 in your avatar?

There is a local company that does the whole turbo conversion.

I have a rebuilt RX-7 turbo sat on the shelf but be careful about choices - bigger turbo only required if you have done everything else and are short on air flow.
I do a true dynamic balance on the rotor and not just a single plain correction for displacement so it will spool and run faster. A few years ago I did a rebuild on a 1000bhp Mitsubishi GT 3000 with standard twin turbos and we tried lightening all the components for a faster spooling and the guy was well chuffed until the oil pump failed. Had to do a quick rebuild with standard components and he said there was no difference.
Uber Hairdresser.....MK2 Mx5 mine is a little different to the avatar picture now

I've a friend supercharging his now but thats boring, I only wanted to stay small and around just over 200hp anyway, I will begin building this summer once Wazza orders his 3rd bike....

Minor update I think we expect stock late march early April now, I am finding out more daily but will keep anyone interested in the loop.

Also my email is now Harry.Steadman@chesterktm.uk should anyone wish to order a bike 😅
Welcome to the world of KTM - you didn't really expect them to send you stock when they said they would did you? 😂

Discussion starter · #37 ·
This is where BMW Motorad are moving to once the showroom is built. Until then they'll be trading out of Halliwell Jones in Chester.......so I'm led to believe.
It's great KTM are coming to the area👍🏻😎
If you’re local and know the area, I have heard the eureka cycling cafe is to be knocked down and that’s where they plan to build the new motorrad 🤷🏻‍♂️

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Hey up all,

Just a quick update, We have had some stock allocated to us now beginning with 1290 SuperAdventure S's we suspect 2 have sold already so if you are looking to secure something let me know, I can take orders with a deposit but we wont have a demonstrator until potentially May/June.

Hope everyone's enjoying this weather even though its short lived apparently with the snow this weekend!
Have to get the knobblys on!

Regards
H

Did the Clatterbridge Easter Egg ride with my lad today and popped past for a nosey/to order some indicator lenses (as they got roosted off at Sweetlamb…).
I guess this is the place? Not much to suggest anything KTM is going on. I’m quite surprised you don’t open on a Sunday either - surely that is a fairly busy day in the motor trade in general?
Tire Sky Wheel Window Cloud

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Hello!
Yes! That is us!

As I said in an earlier message we are open Tuesday to saturday 9-5 currently but we used to operate 9-6 Tuesday to Friday 9-5 Saturday and 11-4 Sunday, covid set us back a little but we are getting back to being as busy as we once were!

sorry you popped over and we were shut though!!

I am assuming you did the Wirral egg run today?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.