KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Do they offer free leg extensions for short arses?

I could'nt even get the bugger off the side stand, and I ride a tall pre 05' spec 950.

Bit of a bastard, those R's sure are horny looking bikes.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Deal applies to the 2010 standard adventure as well ! Plus most other 2010 road KTM's across the range (off the top of my head I think the only one not included is the Duke R)

Does not apply to offroad/exc models.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Same old shit every year. Wait till the majority of brand loyal have already parted with their cash. Then royally bum them by reducing the prices.
Got pretty sick of this the last few years. They always wait till the season's sales have slowed, then pull some "super deal" out of nowhere.
Now all the 6 month old bikes are in negative equity for folks with loans and HP.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Same old shit every year. Wait till the majority of brand loyal have already parted with their cash. Then royally bum them by reducing the prices.
Got pretty sick of this the last few years. They always wait till the season's sales have slowed, then pull some "super deal" out of nowhere.
Now all the 6 month old bikes are in negative equity for folks with loans and HP.
that is pretty crappy and they do this in the car sales too

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Best thing to do if your thinking of changing your bike then is make do with your present machine and wait till the season is near over , then take full advantage of any deal they put on to boost sales coming to the end of the year .

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Personally i cant see the problem. Every bike i have bought new has been bought 'out of season' since i ride all year round anyway. If you feel you have to have the latest bike at a time when the rest of the sheep must have one also,then the retailers are going to charge you top dollar. Always remember that if something sells,then that is what it is worth,if it doesn't,then it isn't worth that price. YOU make the choice whether something is worth what a retailer is selling for,the retailer merely tries to get the most money possible from the buyer.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Totally agree, which is why I bought a new 08 at the end of Nov 2009, and just bought a new 09 1098R Ducati about 7 weeks ago. Cracking deals on both.
That doesn't change the fact that KTM do this every year. This will be a particularly bitter pill for the folks who got hit with the big price hikes last summer.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
You should always use your head, not your heart when negotiating a bike deal.

Anyone who pays top dollar, and then moans about depreciation gets what they deserve or can probably afford.

Never ever paid full asking price for any big ticket item, research your subject to gain a position of strength and bargain hard.

As the old addage goes, 'if they wer'nt sheep, you would'nt need to fleece them'.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Good deal!

But remember that its only negative equity on your current bike if you want to sell it. Hang on to it, and it wil be the same deal as when you started :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts