KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted JCE to my 09 RC8, planning on loading the Akra 2031 map using TuneECU.

What is the benefit of turning off O2?
The O2 sensors are still attached physically and connected to the wiring harness.

SAS, I've not blocked it off. Should I be bothered about it as there is no cat in the JCE. I'll be mapping it out to prevent any error codes though.

Did anyone dyno a JCE unbaffled with the 2031 akra map yet? I can see old posts but the image hosting is no longer working.
:cry:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I would say get it mapped on a Dyno. If you do definitely remove the sas system and fit block off plates as it interferes with Dyno output. Once mapped most Dyno operators remove the O2 sensors anyway as if they're still connected they try to " re-learn " and fuck up the custom map. My mate who is on here has an rc8r that was mapped at cjs....think his made 185 at the wheel...

The above is the way I have all of my bikes done...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like you already have the map. Which is good news as I hear Tune ecu can no longer provide KTM maps.
Didn't know about this! Anyone know what happened? There's a few references to "Austrian" maps on the TuneECU website so I'm guessing KTM asked not to be referenced...

I've been running the Akra 2031 map with a JCE without issue, one day will get it properly mapped... At least I think it's the 2031, laptop hard drive was replaced last year and I lost everything TuneECU related.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can confirm they've had contact and been threatened with legal, so complied and removed the "Austrian" maps from TuneEcu site. I had already downloaded the RC8 2009 Akra 2031 hex file so not a problem for me.

They're all still available online if you know where to look though...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At least I think it's the 2031, laptop hard drive was replaced last year and I lost everything TuneECU related.
If you download the current ECU map to your device, I think TuneEcu recognizes the tune, maybe from checksum. It will show the name if it was recognized.

You should download it anyhow as a backup as online data is not forever as we've already seen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, I found them but can't tell which is which from the filenames. Does TuneECU give a description when loaded with a map?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not found that yet, also looks like they removed history on wayback machine!

I can tell you the stock EU RC8 standard exhaust 09 10 is:
KM690EU0902001Map.hex

EU RC8 09 10 AKRA:
KM690EU0902031Map.hex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts