·
Registered
7,201 Posts
chavtastic

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love to see someone make something like this on an sm:)

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
3.11 is mental. The whole thing is mental.

I'd drive a fiesta and even adorn it with a Max Power sticker if it did 0-60 in 1.9 seconds!!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
6 pairs at 30.00, smith goggle case at 30.00 and all have different lenses
Blue,grey,dark grey,fire iridum,black iridum and smith roll offs with blue lens = more money than sense :D

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You slapper. Bet you where them in bed with ya missus as well don't ya.:D

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hahahahah gutted dude.:D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Maybe its just pure jealousy, but I think Block's true skill is marketing, not driving. I don't think he's done anything that almost anyone couldn't do with enough money and a film crew. And I don't think we will ever see him compete in an actual gymkhana event, because its one thing to make a film clip over nearly a week of filming, and altogether different to nail a course quickly in one go with one car and without hitting anything. Sure donuts look cool. But it really isn't hard to turn your wheel and hold a 650hp awd car against its limiter.

Don't get me wrong, its not like he's never won anything. But rally USA is hardly world class competition, and he will never likely win a championship because he just can't finish enough races to make his round wins count. So far this year, he's destroyed as many fiestas as he did impreza's last year, and its only 6 rounds in to a 9 round season. 1 win, 5 retirements. His best result in WRC is 18th in mexico this year. And that in a focus prepared by the same workshop that does the full factory cars for Ford.

Anyway, I guess I'm saying he looks really talented as long as you don't put him next to anyone who can really drive well. At which point he looks like a guy with a lot of money and time on his hands.

Yep, definitely jealous.:redface:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Oh definitely, I will give him that much.. He makes a great short flick. :)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
"won't see him in an event" hasn't the bloke been entering a fair few wrc rallies and also the xgames???
He may not be the fastest racer out there but the blokes defo got some skill.
And as for the vid where is it nothing appears on my iPhone anyone got a YouTube link???
Linkage - YouTube - Gymkhana THREE, Part 2; Ultimate Playground; l'Autodrome, France

Yes, as posted. He has a full factory spec WRC focus. 18th in mexico, 24th in Turkey, two DNF's and 5 unattended. That result in Mexico is his best WRC finish ever, and he's done the mexico round at least once previously. Meanwhile his full factory sponsored rally USA campaign is in tatters with 5 retirements out of 6 races this year. He did win the one he finished tho.. His favorite track, won 4 years there in a row now.

Its not like he grew up racing like most compeditors on the circuit. He's just a guy who made a lot of money from skater shoes and decided to buy a car in 05 and muck around. I'd love to see him prove me wrong.. Will be watching. And no, I doubt we will see him actually compete at gymkhana. Notice theres no numbers on any of the "cars" used to make the vid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts