KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Duke 125
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've been around bikes for a while and last week took the plunge and bought a s/h Duke 125 (2015) that had been sat at the back of a farm outbuilding for a year or two after the previous owner had had a bit of a fall on an icy road.
I'm hoping that as I go on with repairs I can ask the more experienced KTM people to get me going in the right direction with whatever ever I'm trying to fix!
I do by the way have a full license but fancy some riding fun on what I've been told are great little bikes.

·
Registered
Duke 125
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doh!!!! I had not spotted the new member intro section so please excuse my first stupid mistake!! Please delete amdim if need be. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
8,465 Posts
Doh!!!! I had not spotted the new member intro section so please excuse my first stupid mistake!! Please delete amdim if need be. Sorry.
Mods will move, riding a smaller bike flat out takes skill and is great fun. As for fixing it, some very knowledgable guys on here, we are all massive piss takers to learn laugh it off.

Next post will be scrap the bike.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
With regards to fixing it, well that depends on what's wrong with it! You could check out Trevor Pope's website (just google KTM Trevor Pope). They are a good KTM parts supplier, just enter your bike details and search for the parts that you need. Some stuff is expensive!

You could try searching some bike breakers, that might save you a few quid!

Other than that if you know one end of a screw driver from the other you should be OK.

Reactions: Dawg

·
Registered
Duke 125
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Charlie264 and sidecarbod for your replies.
I have some spanners and thick skin so any p*** taking will be taken in good spirit.
I've just post my 1st problem in the Duke/RC 125 section should anybody care to have a quick look.
I'm going to check out Trev Popes site as I do feel my bank balance needs to be emptied to get my bike back on the road where it belongs.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Does it have a flat spot in the power curve and do you have the physique of a person who likes to eat a lot of pies? Doesn't matter, but if we get it out in the open now it will save a lot of argument later.
You forgot the chap that wanted to disable the ABS on his bike so he could practice stunts.

Reactions: Bermo KTM and Dawg

·
Registered
Duke 125
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does it have a flat spot in the power curve and do you have the physique of a person who likes to eat a lot of pies? Doesn't matter, but if we get it out in the open now it will save a lot of argument later.
I actually have a pie in the oven as I type, a chicken and mushroom one, so yes I am a bit of a pie eater. Having said that, the bike's previous owner was twice the size of me! He told me the bike was slow. "Hmm.." I thought you must be 20 plus stone, I'm amazed that the bike even moves with you on it!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
when I saw the thread title , I thought " here we go again " pmsl , anyway , hello and welcome , mines a lager !!

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I have some spanners and thick skin so any p*** taking will be taken in good spirit.
Get yourself a spellcheck, that should sort it.

Reactions: Dawg

·
Registered
Duke 125
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My sheds a little bit cramped at the moment so I don't have the space to get any decent pics just yet of my little Duke.
So here is the first but not last picture you'll no doubt see should anybody be interested in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts