KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
This is my first thread on my first forum so if i make a mistake please let me know.
My name is Nic and i have a famous relative in the world of KTM and she has just started her own off-road riding academy. She was the first british woman to finish the Dakar on a bike and i'm very proud of her.

Her name is Patsy Quick and she is my stepmum.

Right,enough of that. What i'm here to say is that she has opened a new off-road and enduro school in Sussex and will now be taking bookings for training.

You will be taught by Patsy and her riding partner,Clive "zippy" Town,and they have new 690R's and 400's available or bring your own bike. They have a 2500 acre training site just outside the historic seaside town of Hastings and local accomodation is plentiful as are the pubs.

If you need any more info(which you would be crazy not to,lol) please get in touch with me or visit her website at www.desertroseracing.com. Also at this site is the online shop which is worth a look if you're looking for aftermarket parts for your KTM.

I hope i haven't broken any forum rules with this post but i really want this school to succeed.
Thanks for reading, Nic.:burnout:

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
welcome Nic...........i`m a bit sh1te on these computer thingies, but i cant find anything about the training on that page......prolly just thick old me

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi.
This is my first thread on my first forum so if i make a mistake please let me know.
My name is Nic and i have a famous relative in the world of KTM and she has just started her own off-road riding academy. She was the first british woman to finish the Dakar on a bike and i'm very proud of her.

Right,enough of that. What i'm here to say is that she has opened a new off-road and enduro school in Sussex and will now be taking bookings for training.

You will be taught by Patsy and her riding partner,Clive "zippy" Town,and they have new 690R's and 400's available or bring your own bike. They have a 2500 acre training site just outside the historic seaside town of Hastings and local accomodation is plentiful as are the pubs.

If you need any more info(which you would be crazy not to,lol) please get in touch with me or visit her website at www.desertroseracing.com. Also at this site is the online shop which is worth a look if you're looking for aftermarket parts for your KTM.

I hope i haven't broken any forum rules with this post but i really want this school to succeed.
Hi Nic.... a discount for paid up forum members mightbe an idea?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Hi.

More info here

http://www.ktm.co.uk/KTM-News.223.19.html?nodeID=106882&cHash=b9ae63b58e

:burnout:

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
This looks interesting. I'm only just down the road from Hastings

I did the Ady Smith day at Hellingly a month ago and am looking to try something more trail riding orientated now - is that also done?

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Just spoken to Zippy and getting good vibes from it.

He can also do trail riding near Guildford.

Looks like I'm going to be booking as it can also suit an slow old dodderer like me.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looks interesting I'd be up for doing a day on one of the 690ers only trouble is I know I'll want to buy one even more than I do already and it would be a bit lavish having and SMC and one of those :D

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Looks interesting I'd be up for doing a day on one of the 690ers only trouble is I know I'll want to buy one even more than I do already and it would be a bit lavish having and SMC and one of those :D
No it wouldn't - that's the problem i'm probably going to have!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
"Zippy" lead our group at the Simon Pavey BMW training school...got to say he was a top bloke and all round good egg and threw the 1200GS he was riding around like a toy bike - he was talking about Patsy Quick’s training School in Morocco and trying to get a few of us interested in that.

Good luck with the new school it’s certainly one I’ll be looking to check out

Clive (Zippy) is the guy leaning on the red bike.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I met Patsy in her capacity as a BMW instructor a couple of years ago and can say she has patience a plenty combined with bags of tallent. I wish her success .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts