KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hi, got me a KTM SMT a couple of months ago after coming from an '08 Blade.

I've been a sportsbike rider since I passed my test some 6 years ago. I got tired of being uncomfortable and constantly worrying about losing my license. Done the track day thing but I'm not fast enough to keep up with all the racing wannabe's (love Bike's idea of save our track days - there is room for both imo).

Never looked back. I love being behind a sportsbike while they stretch out their arms and legs through towns, then I stuff them in the twisties. It's given me way more confidence than I ever had before, there were proper chicken strips on the Blade and now I've only got a slight sliver on the KTM.

/wave

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good to have you on board Beyond...

I am feeling a little thirsty (its been a long hard days grind) so I'll have a Long Island Iced Tea with an extra shot of tequila :cool:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Lynchbourg Lemonade for me, if we're doing cocktails. (You watch, that'll get the Northern contingent ranting about soft, southern, cocktail-drinking pooves)

Oh yeah, and welcome to the mickey-taking, I mean Forum. Got a 990SM meself.....

·
Registered
330 Posts
I dont understand you said you love it behind sportsbikes in town!!! best time to be leaving them behind you lol
double vodka fresh orange n lemonade plz:D ty:cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys. I bought the drinks last night but no one turned up ;)

Here's some pics as requested:

As yes, those cases are enormous, ruin the handling and ensure I can't filter. But, I can take my gym gear in one side, work crap in the other so it's totally convenient without having to carry everything with me at all times, just leave what I don't need locked to the bike. At the weekends they come off and I remove the brackets (takes 2 mins total) then go out to have some proper fun :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
holey shit no wonder your behind sports bikes with all that crap on there lol, can we linc this thread to the 1 where some one wanted to lower his bike coz he`s a short arse, sure those on the back would do the trick lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts