KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the recommended rad cap bar rating for my Kim 350 excf 2012 any ideas? Can't find it in manual

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On my cap says 1.8 bar. My bike tends to spit out frequently, once after a rest for 10mins then climbed a moderate hill 2-3 minutes spat out. Another day after moderate revs on road at decent speed i went on to a slowish decent with throttle almost shut and it did the same? Deciding whether to fit fan kit or has it been overfilled? Doesn't appear to be overfilled so....

Suppose the spring in cap could be weakened it is 8yr old 4400 miles/177hrs

Mmmm

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just purchase a new cap, if it still does it, investigate further; water pump, blocked rads etc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been told by dealer bike doesnt like going slow (green laning) needs to go fast to keep cool....fit a coolant fan kit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok coolant done drained but refilled with just short of 1000ml book says 1200ml? Is that right run bike rad hot to the top both sides??? Seems ok just not as much coolant as I thought. Is there a stat in this bike? Saying that it must have opened to fill rad hot??

·
Registered
944 Posts
Have you got all the air out? Run it a few mins, let it cool down and check coolant level again.

I green lane my 450 and the fan hardly ever comes on (if at all)........That is why I had it installed, to keep the engine cool at slower speeds. Perhaps I am just too fast for it to get hot. Having said that my GF has 350 and we do the same routes together, yet her fan does come on more.....might be a 350 thing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So back to original question what is the pressure rating of original cap in bar? Any ideas cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts