KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Membranophone Drum Building Idiophone Flooring

Reactions: ozzinspain

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Super Corsa SP V3

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best tyres ever for hooning them, don’t bother venturing out of its damp or below 10 degrees though !
I'll take the 690 on those days

Reactions: WazzaDuke33

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Mega tyres those are, you can run them pretty low pressure on track and they grip like a fat man with a Greggs

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: Miner

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Got a set my mate was offloading to try for the track (180x60 rear to see how I like the profile, currently running 190x55). Not tried them yet but know they’re great in the right conditions (not cold and wet). Interested to know how many heat cycles they last.

Currently running Dunlop D212 GP Racer slicks (CBR600 M front, E rear), done about seven trackdays and lasting well. Heat up quick, still sketchy if you go out on a cool evening after forgetting to turn on the front warmer (rear was hot and sticky!) not as grippy as the GP Pro’s were (cut K106/108 slicks) but just as firm in the carcass, need a firm setup and loading up on top of that.

Pirelli a softer carcass, give a lot more feel.

I was also talking at the weekend about punting the CBR600 and buying a 250SX for the local MX track though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think you've overtired yourself there . There not always the best unless you can keep the heat in them and rag the fuck out of them which is going some for the road.

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These are the SP version for the road, not the SC version for the track

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Aren’t Bridgestone s22’s fitted oe? Don’t you like them BDA?
Yes the S22's are OEM and there was nothing wrong with them, they were very good. I needed to replace them as they had squared off and thought I would try something different. Lots of people rate the SP V3 so I thought I would give them a go.

Reactions: pgm

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I had the SC’s on the STRS, did a wet session at Cartegna which was well sketchy

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had the SC’s on the STRS, did a wet session at Cartegna which was well sketchy
Just corrected my post, meant to say SP's not SC's

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
MM7R's are also a great tyre, probably better in colder weather than the Super Corsa

1 - 20 of 105 Posts