KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Prep, I thought you were fitting Avons.
Yes the S22's are OEM and there was nothing wrong with them, they were very good. I needed to replace them as they had squared off and thought I would try something different. Lots of people rate the SP V3 so I thought I would give them a go.
WALOB's, you're doing a track day and think these will turn you into a riding legend. They won't and you will regret fitting them at this time of the season, you mark my words.

·
Administrator
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

WALOB's, you're doing a track day and think these will turn you into a riding legend. They won't and you will regret fitting them at this time of the season, you mark my words.
Duly noted.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I was thinking about them but I got these B4 the EU cunts screwed us :mad: for a good price and Review
Avon 3D Ultra Evo and Metzeler M9RR will be probably my next choice.
I have used dunlops for years 207RR and 208RR and they were OEM on the RC8R and did'nt have any probs :confused:
P.S. MK3's are nearly £300 for a pair now :eek:

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Only run the D211, D212 GP Pro and Racers, great tyres, grip like feck and the E compound ones work from hot to cold track temperatures and last forever. D211 was less extreme, great tyre… not sure what it’s current equivalent is?

Run Michelin’s for years, there was so little wrong with the Pilot Power 2CT that they still sell them. Can do a cold wet trackday on them as well as hotter conditions.

·
Registered
KTM Superduke RR , KTM Duke 690.
124 Posts
On a less serious note 😉, nobody has Cup2 or Power GP in Britain so I’ve taken a chance and ordered from Mytyres in Germany again. 😳
Didn’t go well the last time I used them, had to wait a month with them telling me they were stuck at customs in England. Lying rats as they were still in the warehouse, they sent it the day I cancelled my order.

·
Registered
KTM Superduke RR , KTM Duke 690.
124 Posts
Had the same issue with them, 1 month and no tyres. I cancelled and bought from Two Tyres in London, next day delivery.
I could get a Power 5 from Demon Tweeks but I really want a Power GP, there’s a bit left on my tyre so fingers crossed.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts