KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heres a Rosso II after just 500kms, i think from memory i only got 2000kms out of it. Nice grippy tire on warm to hot days. (oh PS Pat, i think Ron Haslam uses Bridgstones, T30, now 31) View attachment 42057
What tyre would you recommend for all round riding, dry wet and the occasional track day? I always used the rosso II and III with other bikes.

·
Registered
KTM Superduke RR , KTM Duke 690.
143 Posts
After looking at my rear tyre I reckoned I had another ride in it, well looks like I was wrong. I got to the meet up and when I got off this is what I saw. The other pic is obviously the bit I looked at. 😢
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive tire Helmet Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim

·
Registered
303 Posts
What tyre would you recommend for all round riding, dry wet and the occasional track day? I always used the rosso II and III with other bikes.
S22, or Conti Sport Attack 3's, both great for doing occasional track days for a mid pace rider, very good dry road tire and very good in the wet. Ive riden in the wet and been as quick on the S22 as guys on PR5's. If you weren't doing Track days the Conti Road Attack 3's are bloody awesome all-round tire. The Rosso's are a great tire for occasional track days and summer riding, but they wear very quick on our roads, i get around 4500-5000 on S22, and never got more than 2800 on the Rosso 3's.

·
Registered
303 Posts
After looking at my rear tyre I reckoned I had another ride in it, well looks like I was wrong. I got to the meet up and when I got off this is what I saw. The other pic is obviously the bit I looked at. 😢 View attachment 42075 View attachment 42076
I wouldn't put those tires back on for the style of riding you do, too soft in the centre and a waste of soft sticky rubber.

·
Registered
352 Posts
6 pages on :( tires . seriously I did a lot of track days20 years ago on shit tires that I cant even remember the name of. All were better than me and I wasn't slow back then. Now I am slow but can hang off the edge of a tire, honestly I think whatever you fit these days is more than capable .
Saying that I do like the latest and greatest and frown on touring tires, although touring tires are still probably better than what we had 20 years ago .

·
Registered
303 Posts
6 pages on :( tires . seriously I did a lot of track days20 years ago on shit tires that I cant even remember the name of. All were better than me and I wasn't slow back then. Now I am slow but can hang off the edge of a tire, honestly I think whatever you fit these days is more than capable .
Saying that I do like the latest and greatest and frown on touring tires, although touring tires are still probably better than what we had 20 years ago .
20 years ago sports bikes had 110-135 rwhp, now were talking 170-185, the street Fighter at 185 rwhp. Theres tires now for every style and need, just matter of pairing up what you do on a bike, and tires to suit. I see many bikes over tired, sticky supersport tires on bikes where they commute on.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
In the same way American English did away with the u in harbour and colour, it also kept things nice and simple in this instance, and so the ‘i’ sound in tire simply became that letter – whereas the British, with a language steeped in history and tradition, seemingly wanted to keep the ‘y’ in the same way ‘attyre’ may have been written by the likes of Geoffrey Chaucer and his counterparts in old English verse. In modern Britain, you’d be hard pressed to find someone giving a good reason why it’s remained ‘tyre’ rather than ‘tire’ – except “that’s how it’s always been”. ;)

·
Registered
KTM Superduke RR , KTM Duke 690.
143 Posts
My Power GP arrived within Mytyres time frame and got it fitted this morning, weather was kind so went and scrubbed it in a bit on a couple of my favourite roads.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

101 - 116 of 116 Posts