KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick intro as I've now added a 2007 SDR to my stable.

First impressions:-

• My god the engine is civlised??? it trickles along in 1st/2nd gear and no snatchy throttle. What the hell happened to the horrible boingy KTM signature response?

The suspension teeters between hilarious fun to "I think my spine has fused together"

Windblast ain't that bad on the motorway

The seat makes me cry after 40 minutes if not on b roads

Makes me want to race everyone

Everyone wants to talk to you about it

My mum said "why did you buy a ladies bike........." (she's hardcore)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm near Leytonstone what about you whufc0?

Luds a triumph scrambler?? why lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Scrambler looked cool and that's it(part from loud pipes). Got it cheap of me dad but I need another big Vtwin.

I'm in Romford but work in Stratford. Up the hammers!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does look cool to be fair Luds :) shame it is a dressed up Bonnie.

I work in Stratford and if you fancy a look at the SDR i'm sure we can arrange for you to salivate over it lol.

My experience of Hyside is that they're very very good and super helpful. They're not necessarily the cheapest out there but the backup and helpfulness is worth the extra money (I'm looking at you Laguna!).

Personally I've found getting a "cheap deal" is a sure way to grief and further expense.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Anyone had any dealings with Hyside?
Do they do any deals and are there service prices any good?
Yep, been fine for me in fact more than fine. i am just 15min walk from them ) price was normal as far as I can remember. some have had bad dealings but I guess it depends on the problem you go in with. they don't build the bike, just service them )))

Hay seraphin small world, I work in stratford too )))) is that you on the SM I pass on the A12?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope not me Vertigo.

I try not to use my KTM's coming to Stratford as my last one was nicked 2 days after I bought it!

So we have 2 SD owners working in Stratford that is good enough reason to buy one Luds lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah lads i'm in. I want one bad but got to sell bonnie. I'll look for use's on A12. I'll be on the red n white loud scrambler.
Where in stratford do you work?
I also live in Collier Row.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts