KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what's it going top be like then? 675 derived 800cc Triple, so should be pretty pokey, 2 versions, on of which seems to be fairly dirt orientated. Guess it will be £7 / £7.5k ish as Triumphs generally good value - but I'm guessing there.

Viable contender or cheapo rip off?

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
they havent made a shit bike for a while. Ugly yes.....

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I will be very interested to see this, having had a trumpet before (love the triple engine), and also Mrs Jones rides a Speed Triple (having also had a tiger).

If they get it right, it could be a real cracker.

Ugly? - any adv bike can't be described as a looker, which is part of their appeal :D

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I'm sure the latest spoilers are pretty much photos of the bike being ridden in a quarry not just obscure photos of wheels or tail lights

·
Registered
72 Posts
It won't have the suspension or the right sized wheels to get the job done off-road, but then not many 'adventure' bikes do. On the road (where most will spend the majority of their time) it should be a wee ripper.

I love the 675 engine, so I reckon I'd love the 800 triple too. It'll be a viable contender for someone who can't stretch to a F800 or 990, but want a step up from a KLR/660 Tenere/Wee Strom.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
It comes with a 21" front, how big do you want?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ah ok, I sit corrected. The last info I read only speculated on a 19" front wheel.

Thanks for setting me straight Pete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts