KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had a few triumphs in the past i'm still on the mail list for them and regularly get welcomed open arms at my local dealership- North City (Now in Romford- not Chigwell). Whilst i was in there i was priveledged to have a squint at some press stuff for their new adventure bike. Has anyone else seen any articles yet. It looks an interesting prospect. I think its aimed failrly and squarely at the BMW 800GS as it has a new engine based around the 675 lump- not sure. I'm sure it wont be long before they put in a 1050/1200 engine. They do build a good bike, and best of all they're British.

I must get over to Hyside and take out the multistrada too.......mind you we're not all minted rich fooookers and i wont be racing to go spunk 14k on a bike

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
From what little I've seen in the weekly rag it all looks a bit 'delicate' for my taste. So I'm out already.

However Triumph seam to be able to hit all the right buttons with their bikes at the moment, and they are a britsh company that actual make something (not just marketing some second rate shite made in China i.e. most bike gear nowadays), so 100% all the best to them.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Looks a little like its from an a-ha video ;) but not bad looking and with any luck a bit cheaper than its German compatriot!!

·
Registered
54 Posts

hmmm.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
It's an 800cc Triple - all new engine. Available in two variants one with 21F, 19R spoked wheels (and no doubt, more "rugged"styling) and one with 19F, 17R with far more road bias. Blink and it looks a carbon copy of the 800GS (imitation is the sincerest form etc.......).

Having also had a trumpet in the past, Iwill be intrigued too, to see what this is like. The big decider as always will be price. With regards to the Multistrada, ask yourself would you buy an Alfa Romeo? (heart v head).

DJ

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Been reading about it on Adv rider , cant wait to see one as im in the market for another bike next yr ..Had a couple of Triumph's and always liked them and seemed to be very well put together and reliable......and there English ..

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Having looked at the Tiger before buying the big KTM (I know, I know...!) I was disappointed with it.

It sounded great, but that's about the only positive thing I could say about it. A little more attention to detail, like not putting the white plastic coolant bottle on full view in a cut-out in the black fairing inner panel, would have made all the difference.

I also know a couple of people with recent Triumphs who have had no end of problems with them, including having the whole bike replaced after the engine failed. Twice.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Ugly bastard though isn't it.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Ugly bastard though isn't it.
To be fair, the big KTM isn't exactly beautiful - it's in the eye of the beholder (or perhaps the beer-holder).

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Looks like one of those kwak parallel twins IMHO. Disappointed but the final version may be a bit easier on the eye.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
I'm waiting to see one as I want to swap the Tuono for an Adventure type bike as the T is no good for 2 up riding with luggage. F800GS here I come I think.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts