KTM Owners Forum banner
621 - 628 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Back on Beta 300 rr, half way through day 2 at the W2D the clock display stopped working any ideas where to start looking or are the clocks scrap?
Washing it off I see another shock guard flap thingy has made a new home in the welsh forests :rolleyes: along with another 6mm bolt that holds the front pipe on.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #623 ·
I’d contact the dealer/lampkins on the clocks. Could be a loose connection but could be the generation of clocks. On the rear of the clocks there’s a small serial number. Those ending in 21A (from memory) are the later ones which should be fine. This ending in 20 or lower are the previous ones that fail. Beta replaced mine no problem.

Maybe your flap thing is the air box itself? Maybe also discuss with beta. There’s no point putting on another flap if the issue is the air box Itself. Loctite them screws! I have heard of this flap issue before though.

My zorst bolts are loctited as when new they’d be loose. I’ve not lost one yet and they no longer loosen so must settle down with age.

Hopefully these can be resolved easily via Beta. What was the RR like on W2D otherwise? Mine seems absolutely fantastic on that type of open flowing stuff.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The clock died on my 2020 200RR. Beta UK replaced it foc.

The shock flap is a common one. I also had the plastic heat shield on the silencer go walkabout. It's only held on by the silencer bolt and the plastic broke just below the bolt hole.

In other news.... Enduro Engineering are now making specific spacers to fit KTM wheels to a Beta. You can also get a larger Galfer rear brake disk as an option with them.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Tried lampkins got the "hardly ever have a problem" on the shock flap and the clocks. My mate has had issues with the clocks on his X trainer so ill get him have a look, I can't be arsed with it.
Clearly a couple of self tappers in plastic is not strong enough to hold a mud covered getting wacked with rocks mud flap is it, more cut price engineering.

"What was the RR like on W2D otherwise? Mine seems absolutely fantastic on that type of open flowing stuff." Seemed ok nothing special but Ill ride anything at about the same speed. I had fitted and not bedded in new pads front and rear, first bit of off road was the steve plain test! just what you need :LOL:

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
🤣. Plainers with fresh pads!

I’m wondering what Steve did to make sure my flap has stayed in place. It’s been battered a fair bit in nearly 90 hours of use. Clocks have been a let down but like I said, mine were a previous version. Obvs my motor letting go wasn’t ideal but Beta have sorted all their issues for me. Take your clocks off and see what the last few digits are. Check the connection going into the clocks loom hasn’t come apart. If that’s not routed properly it can come apart and you’ll get no input.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Not read it because it is still tpi. Is it the same kit David Knight was Marketing along with loooooooads of other stuff on his tpi build if not the same kind of thing?

621 - 628 of 628 Posts