KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am intending to try my first off road event , a TBEC enduro on July 18th.
Have never done any off road competition befrore, only raced on tarmac.
I`ll be riding my 2009 250 EXC 2t that I got new this Feb, got 12 hours on it now.

Waffle over, do i need to make any mods to the bike for scrutineering ? Have fitted handlebar raising blocks and a mapping switch and will set the sag up.

Any advice gretfully recieved :)

·
Premium Member
31,433 Posts
Read the regs. Make sure you have the correct type of tyres for the event. If they want working lights, make sure yours works.
Look at rules for refuelling too so you can be prepared.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kev.

Can only apply for the regs on 22 June so am trying to get a head start !

I guess for enduro you don`t need to do all the lock wiring of sump plugs and oil Filler caps I`m used to for tarmac ?

Do you usually have to fit a catch bottle to the carb breather pipes etc ?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am intending to try my first off road event , a TBEC enduro on July 18th.
Have never done any off road competition befrore, only raced on tarmac.
I`ll be riding my 2009 250 EXC 2t that I got new this Feb, got 12 hours on it now.

Waffle over, do i need to make any mods to the bike for scrutineering ? Have fitted handlebar raising blocks and a mapping switch and will set the sag up.

Any advice gretfully recieved :)
Depends I suppose on how strict the club is.. I have been to some that were not too strict and been entered in others that are Very Fussy. As long as you met the requirements stated in the Regs ( as Kev says) you will be fine I should imagine.

Favourite problems (my experience)

Chain too tight
Wheel bearings Knackered
Loose bodywork

All easy to fix on the day if you have the parts handy, but 15 mins on a stand befor you go will iron these out.

Good luck with your first event

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thanks Kev.

Can only apply for the regs on 22 June so am trying to get a head start !

I guess for enduro you don`t need to do all the lock wiring of sump plugs and oil Filler caps I`m used to for tarmac ?

Do you usually have to fit a catch bottle to the carb breather pipes etc ?

You will not have to bother with all that Road Race stuff``

Its TT week here and I have 3 Race Bikes, God they are strict here with the scruitineering.. Even so the bloody chain snapped on the R1 first lap.. bugger!! .. good job I was`nt riding it Lol..

·
Premium Member
31,433 Posts
If its a standard bike with no broken levers, anything sharp, has the chain guide in front of the rear sprocket and the guard over the gearbox sprocket and not noisy you will be fine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Regs are probably the same as for the current event - HERE

I might try to do that event as my first aswell if the bikes running in time :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
yeah, all in the regs mate, this year at the acu scrutineers meeting the general consensus was that bikes were not going to be 'MOT'd', but that they would just be checked to meet standing regs, most will check tyres, lights if necessary, that there is a cover of the front sprocket, balls on end of levers etc, what is also checked is that your bike does not pose any danger to other competitors, ie your brakes work properly, some still check wheel bearings and what not, just present your bike in a good state and all will be fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts