KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 06 400 EXC, due (list of excuses) it hasnt run for a couple of months so over the last two days I have checked the valves (only one intake needed minor tweek), cleaned spark plug and air filter.

It took ages to start but just as I was about to take the tank off again to check the plug it started.

I had the battery charging for three hours but no good what so ever but it starts easy on the kick start.

What is the downside if I dont change the battery ? other than having to kick everytime.

Is there a special tool to remove the front bolt from the valve cover nearest the frame ?

·
Registered
409 Posts
"What is the downside if I dont change the battery ? "

The only downsides I can see are that a) you will be carrying extra weight for no reason and b) you will probably need to buy a battery should you try to sell the bike

"Is there a special tool to remove the front bolt from the valve cover nearest the frame ? "

Not that I know of, I use a 8mm ring spanner

·
Registered
409 Posts
They can be a pain to start with no battery, even one with very little or no charge seems to make a difference to how they start on the kicker ]

Are you sure ?, I have found that when my fuse was blown, my rfs exc was kicking over fine

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I can only go on my experience but i'll agree it doesn't seem right that it should make a difference :confused:

·
Premium Member
31,492 Posts
Dont buy a YTX5L-BS, get a YTZ7S-BS.

Its same physical size, but almost twice as powerful!

OK, it costs more...... but not a lot more ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts