KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I've been a member of this site for a while now but never posted (I think I was looking for info on 690s but went for a wr250r after all)

As an aspiring Hare&Hounds/enduro rider I'm looking to make 2012 my introduction to the sport. I have a couple of questions. Offroad-wise, I've ridden DRZ400 and WR250R green laning and overland from UK to Magadan via BAM and Road of Bones and I used to roadrace BMCRC and MRO on 400,600,1000 but never proper offroad.

There's a practice day at the end of march (with CHEC) and I was thinking of something like a KTM200. Is this the right bike for a 5'11 70kg rider with my background? Also, does everyone use LEATT-style neckbraces now or is there still a split in approach to this? Any other pearls of wisdom would be much appreciated!:D

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Welcome newbie :D

Ktm 200 is a handfull very snappy, but loads of fun so I'm told. I like 4strokes better but it's all personal preference at the end of the day.

As for neck braces well all I can say is - can of worms! ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
200s have ahuge fan base I think... but a 250 is the preferred weapon on the H&Hs I seem to watch here in South Wales

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
200 2t is great fun and easy to get a lot out of!

not mad on Leatt myself, bit too rigid and I hear there has been some link to secondary injuries due to the transmittal of forces. broken neck or broken collar bone? well Id take the collarbone over the neck, time will tell if the number of injuries reported decreases in the future. EVS make some similar and some different. UFO make something that works on a similar principal but are less rigid. I have a foam neck roll that I was glad I was wearing when I had my biggest crash, I like the foam ones as they offer a more 'passive' protection aproach (if that makes sense?)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Really useful info. I like the idea of a 2T but just want a bike I can take out and not feel like it's holding me back.
What about this? 2010 KTM SXF 250? There was one of ebay a minute ago that didn't sell at £2600. Not sure if that's good.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
lol, 250f is my least favourite bike made by ktm I cant get anything out of them!! that said, I have only really ridden them back to back with a 450 and in any case, viva la difference etc!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts