KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been using the forum for a while ....well the search function anyway!! I've got a standard 8 which I've had for a few years but not really used it for about 18 months so I thought I would give it a service. My query is that when I checked the front cylinder valves one of the inlets was very tight and one of the exhausts was slack to say the least. All the rest are spot on!!
Is this normal. It's done a slightly shameful 4100 miles. I've had it for most of this and was told that the valves were checked at its first service ( by Fowlers ).
If it matters Its white, it has rim tape and my boots are white. There that's out in the open !

Jamester

·
Registered
115 Posts
there the fastest so ive been told, reason why i bought the white one hehe.there even faster if u paint the tyres.its either that or the fact i vintl wrapped the front with carbon fibre. lovely!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was led to believe that the valves should be checked at the first 500 mile service. I wasn't sure if this had been done. I'm quite glad I did check as the two that are out are about 50% ish out! I know it wouldn't affect the valves but it has been sat for so long I thought I would give it a bit of TLC .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.