1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
front wheel spins freely,but the brake constantly squeaks when i ride
mind you i think it's still the original brake fluid from the factory
maybe it's time for a brake service,bike's on 400hrs/10,000 miles now

is it normal to have a noisy front brake?

cheers

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Noise only normal when braking hard and from high speed. You then get a whirring sound from the pads passing over the holes in the disc. Yours sounds like something else. Get that fluid changed pronto!!!

I always smear copper slip on the backs of pads. Never squeaked with Brembos but the Maguras on the husky flex and you get a hum sound from time to time as the shitty things vibrate. Brembo far superior if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
changed the fluid mate,it was a bit dirty bit not that bad really
when i brake hard the squeaking stops,i'll take the caliper off and give it a service

had a look at factory calipers,are they really worth £800,did anyone on here buy one?

cheers

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Check the caliper is sliding ok, you might need to pop the pistons out and give it all a proper clean.

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
I’ve seen Daryl Bolter testing a factory caliper at our test track. Rolling stoppies into every turn on grass! Very impressive. How he loads the tyre for grip is unreal.

Not sure I’d have the feel and ability for an £800 caliper though.

Reactions: tools

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did a search on Hardparts
KTM find talent but they dont sell it yet
guess i'll have to keep practising...

Reactions: sand300 and Pindie

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Just a thought but have you tried a different type of pad? Some pads are noisy, some not.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
400 hours on original brake fluid ??‍♂ :ROFLMAO:...I’d spend an hour stripping the caliper down and greasing it before I spent £800 on a factory caliper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts