KTM Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have bought some parts off a fellow member - Name will remain anonoymous FTB as I may have got the wrong end of the stick............I have had my account debited but no parts delivered. I have been told there was a delay, but promised they had been sent on or before 06/09/10

No response from PMs, numerous phone calls, not answered, Rings to Voicemail. Message(s) left.

Am I being rude? / Impatient??

Advise/thoughts wanted only at this moment in time - Im giving the fella the benefit of the doubt.................I want to get out on my bike FFS!!

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
If the goods were sent out on the 9th of September that's a week ago. I've had stuff take up to 10 days to arrive for no apparent reason. Personally I'd wait a couple more days...touch wood they'll arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

But...they should answer your numerous messages and phone calls. Courtesy and politeness goes a long way.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the goods were sent out on the 9th of September that's a week ago. I've had stuff take up to 10 days to arrive for no apparent reason. Personally I'd wait a couple more days...touch wood they'll arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

But...they should answer your numerous messages and phone calls. Courtesy and politeness goes a long way.
6th or earlier so 10 days already. Well from where I come from courtesy is the way forward. its already 10 days. Its the 1 call money taken, no answers to calls that bugs me thats all and makes me feel ive been stiffed. Ive had the bike 2 months and ridden it once!! Oh well It sounds like im just being impatient then!!

Thanks

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
I don't think you're being impatient now. 10 days and no calls answered is a bit wrong. How did you pay? PayPal? Open a dispute.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No debit card - the fella sound nice enough, and respected here hence remaining anonymous, debited 31/08/10 - Runs a bike business. Most people send packages of value via Signed for dont they..............I do.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Hopefully he or she will see the thread and do what they can to get this all sorted out. 99% of the peeps on here are really decent. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully he or she will see the thread and do what they can to get this all sorted out. 99% of the peeps on here are really decent. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Thanks, its my first dealings with buying parts - normally buy new or ebay. Anyway thanks for giving me some more confidence.

·
Registered
112 Posts
give it till monday then name and shame,,it only takes a minute to return a call, its just plain rude...hope it works out

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Has the seller been posting on the forum recently? If so you could try adding a post to one of his threads saying summat like "pm sent" and seeing what happens. But if no recent activity (look at his profile, will tell you when last logged on) then perhaps he's out of the country or something.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
give it till monday then name and shame,,it only takes a minute to return a call, its just plain rude...hope it works out
Naming and shaming can work but usually just adds a bitter edge to a situation that may well have a perfectly plausible explanation. Like AllanJ says, check their forum activity. Holidays, work commitments and most importantly family situations can make most things pale into insignificance.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Have you tried ringing from a different number?? if they`re just dodging your calls they may answer from another number but if it`s genuine that theyre having some kinda problem or away etc they wont answer any number!! if you get no answer from a different number this may put your mind at rest a little, most of the guys on hear are pretty sound

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to wait a bit longer - don;t want to/ think the name shame thing is appropiate at the moment. Hopefully its sorted either with a refund / my bits sent.
Hopefully admin may be able to help if not. I work too hard, have a family & mortgage to be having my pants pulled down!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you tried ringing from a different number?? if they`re just dodging your calls they may answer from another number but if it`s genuine that theyre having some kinda problem or away etc they wont answer any number!! if you get no answer from a different number this may put your mind at rest a little, most of the guys on hear are pretty sound

Done that to mate. 3/4 calls a day - unanswered - ie ring ring, no answer - to me thats avoidance tactics, the call was answered first time when my dosh was taken!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
if he`s not answering any number i wouldnt judge to quicky, if he was just someone after scamming money he`d be quick to answer a different number thinking it may be a new victim, if he`s not answering a different number i`d be led to think theres something genuine going on, family problems illness etc, if he`s got some kinda problem or emergency your gona quite low on his priority list, have you checked his last post etc on hear to see when he was last online?

·
Registered
330 Posts
btw nothing wrong with havin your pants pulled down now and again as long as its for the right reasons lol
know what you mean tho think we all work to hard for our money to just give it away (wish children could grasp this concept lol)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if he`s not answering any number i wouldnt judge to quicky, if he was just someone after scamming money he`d be quick to answer a different number thinking it may be a new victim, if he`s not answering a different number i`d be led to think theres something genuine going on, family problems illness etc, if he`s got some kinda problem or emergency your gona quite low on his priority list, have you checked his last post etc on hear to see when he was last online?
Couldn't agree more, and thats why you are cementing that I think I have jumped the gun, however - was on here 14/09/10 @ 0831 - Difficult situation, that hasn't helped that I havent posted much / new owner/member.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks fells, I take this as im not being unrealistic/ unreasonable - I'll wait til Monday, I don't want to name the fella yet - There may be a genuine reason for the delay. Appreciate the feedbback one & all.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Thanks fells, I take this as im not being unrealistic/ unreasonable - I'll wait til Monday, I don't want to name the fella yet - There may be a genuine reason for the delay. Appreciate the feedbback one & all.
What....you even appreciate KK's?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.