KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My RC8 has an akra exhaust, and since I fitted it last year I've been meaning to get it mapped to suit.
At the moment nothing else has been done - O2/SAS stuff all still in place, just the exhaust fitted.

Can anyone recommend a local expert I could get to help map it to ensure it's running smoothly and not too lean with the Akra? It pops and bangs a bit...

I live in East northamptonshire but work in Peterborough.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
526 Posts
gear4 in Market Deeping, can install the akra map think for about £45

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Guys, so BSD for a bit of custom attention, Gear 4 for a stock Akra map.

Hopeless - I'm near Higham Ferrers. Are you nearby?

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Cheers Guys, so BSD for a bit of custom attention, Gear 4 for a stock Akra map.

Hopeless - I'm near Higham Ferrers. Are you nearby?

Cheers
Andy
Yes mate i am round the corner from you in Rushden. There is a place in rushden that has dyno rolling road and a mapping facility too, never tried that part of the service from them before tho. Its Rushden Autocentre

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, yes - I've seen their posters.
I've had some pretty disappointing experiences with those guys.

I took my old vito van there once for them to look at an intermittent engine management light. They had it four times with no luck.

They eventually printed out the fault codes but said they didn't understand them and I should take it to Mercedes to be fixed.
Back home, ten minutes on Google, the fault codes showed that turbo pressure was getting too high - With about ten minutes work I found the wastegate was sticking shut. A squeeze of WD40 and it was fixed.

I DEFINITELY wouldn't trust those same guys with something as complicated as mapping my bike.

Next time you're nipping out for a ride, drop me a PM and I'll join you. :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Ah, yes - I've seen their posters.
I've had some pretty disappointing experiences with those guys.

I took my old vito van there once for them to look at an intermittent engine management light. They had it four times with no luck.

They eventually printed out the fault codes but said they didn't understand them and I should take it to Mercedes to be fixed.
Back home, ten minutes on Google, the fault codes showed that turbo pressure was getting too high - With about ten minutes work I found the wastegate was sticking shut. A squeeze of WD40 and it was fixed.

I DEFINITELY wouldn't trust those same guys with something as complicated as mapping my bike.

Next time you're nipping out for a ride, drop me a PM and I'll join you. :)
The Guys that do the bikes are not fully part of the garage but i can see why wyou wouldnt wanna trust them lol. Let me know where you end up going as i will need to have a few dyno runs soon if my master plan works :)

I might pop out this weekend if the weather stays as is, also booking a track day for the 13th of May at Bedford if intrested mate

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Funny you should mention it... the app wasn't very convincing when it told me the '8 sounded like a 'medium foodblender' with the standard zorst... hmm

Because I'm a massive geek, I even did a post with graphs and shit... link: http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/rc8-superbike/115512-akra-fitted-now-im-deaf.html

Perhaps I should book in to Bedford on the 13th and try my luck :)

Do you know anyone who might want to buy my R1? Link: 1998 YAMAHA YZF-R1 4XV, 98 R1 with Ohlins suspension and Akrapovic exhaust | eBay
Well your is nice and quiet then ;) lol

That is very geeky and i wouldn't advertise that on here much :D

I think that sir is a great idea, i have booked in the novices as it will be the first time on track with this bike

I will ask around mate

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If that wad an IPad/iPhone app, other threads have suggested the hardware limits the accuracy over approx 100db, so it may not be entirely representative...
Thanks PD - I don't think I was under much doubt about that but it was the best tool available at the time to this tool :)

Hopeless, which meet is that?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.