KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
needs a few jobs doing...but i bought it from a mate for a price that i couldnt refuse!

Its a real heavy bitch compared to a moto..you kind of forget how weighty they are...just to push about..but it is ten year old! I dont know what my mate was thinking..but the red levers and gay pink bolts are gonna be the first to go!

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Widowmaker lol. Can't beat a bargain:D

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Ah. Oh well. if it was a baragin cant argue i guess. Good for longer runs:)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Looks like a very tidy example of the make. And they are a great looking bike. But treat it with the utmost respect. The frame was adapted from the GSXR750 of the day, and its a bit short for the torquey delivery of the big twin. They have a well earned reputation for oversteering on low speed corners and twitching like crazy at high speed. Its a bike I've always wanted but never trusted myself with lol. Have fun and take it easy.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
There was one at barbon hill climbe TL with a super charger on it sounded :cool: Its in this months Performance bikes.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
extended swingarm, nitrous and santa pod.:scooter:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
you'll love it, i had one , ragged the arse off of it for 33,000miles before the gearbox gave up. used to drag race it, not that fast though(1/4 mile in 10.1sec/134mph) got off the line like nothing else but ran out of puff at top end, only 164mph through the speed trap at Woodbridge
just ride it and enjoy it

·
Registered
73 Posts
had one of theses a few years ago - lovely bike , bit heavy and on standard settings handling wasn't too great...
but did a bit of searching on the web and found much better set up that transformed her!!
basically dropping the forks made the most difference.
enjoy.... at least it's a Vtwin :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had a TL1000S for a while, seriously fun bike, it made my heart stop on every corner exit.

The R was more refined but would still kick your ass if you forgot to give it respect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts