KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to book in my 950 for its 10k service. One of the fork seals is weeping so i asked about replacement under warantee. Apparently they dont cover these because you 'may have been wheelie'ing the bike:rotflmao:

i cant see why that would make a great deal of difference but made me chuckle.

so im looking at a bill for replacing BOTH fork seals as per procedure and an oil change:eek:

im hoping i can get my bubbling clutch cover replaced gratis:frown:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Since when were fork seals excluded from warranty claims. Complete and utter nonsense.

p.s. Wake up and start structuring your riposte! If you had been dumping the bike down hard after stunts of Evel Knievel proportions - wouldn't both seals have gone? Funny how one seal is up to the job and the other isn't! A more usual sign of rough landing after wheelies are the headstock bearings developing a 'notch' feeling.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since when were fork seals excluded from warranty claims. Complete and utter nonsense.

p.s. Wake up and start structuring your riposte! If you had been dumping the bike down hard after stunts of Evel Knievel proportions - wouldn't both seals have gone? Funny how one seal is up to the job and the other isn't! A more usual sign of rough landing after wheelies are the headstock bearings developing a 'notch' feeling.
never said id been doing wheelie's;)

only if you call the front being 20 centimetres off the tarmac a wheelie:D

i get the impression my local stealer is um stealing.

I think it may be time to try a different one....

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
InMoto replaced the fork seals on my 690SMC under warranty.
sorry i should have made clear that only one of my seals is weeping but the Stealer said he would have to replace both as its not 'worth' just doing one ?

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
PRemier bikes in Didcot mate.

I actually phoned them from Spa as we were out on a tour, they agreed to swap them the day i got back. No issues, no discussion.

They said if they went pear shaped again they'd swap the forks out.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PRemier bikes in Didcot mate.

I actually phoned them from Spa as we were out on a tour, they agreed to swap them the day i got back. No issues, no discussion.

They said if they went pear shaped again they'd swap the forks out.
ok thanks. if i cant convince mine to do it under warantee i guess i could try there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts