KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just done a 2000 mile trip fully loaded on my 2022, held its own at the nurburgring and despite weeks on the Xbox it all went out the window on my first lap and even did a bit of off road when a car nicked my line..scared me shitless. On down to the Somme,Ypres , Lochnagar and Paschendale was truly sobering.
Bike performed faultlessly but.... seat is like a torture device after 2 hrs to my boney arse, left hand fork seals leaking so thats going to go get sorted under warranty, better fuel consumption than the Multistrada and Yam FJR at normal use but it certainly sups when its having its head kicked in, Contisports are awesome tyres.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I learnt the ‘ring on a borrowed 998S which probably wasn’t the smartest idea, but didn’t come off as I wobbled around doing 10 min laps (this was 1998). I won’t do it on a bike these days, as people in cars take too many risks, drop fluids all over the place, and if you come off you have 10 foot of grass before you hit the armco. If you make it through the armco, you are into the trees…

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats exactly what I thought I was riding like, sadly the video and pictoral evidence prove this to be utter bollocks:rolleyes: but in my defence I had touring gear on and the track was mobbed with very fast cars as it was a Porsche GT cup day who kept nicking the line and passing so close that if I could have identified a couple they would have got a smack in the teeth!! Its hard to go fast with one eye on track and the other looking behind:LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
ktm1090 Adventure
24 Posts
Been to the Tyne Cot Memorial near Ypres a couple of times , last time went with a mate and got there at 8am on a beautiful still sunny June morning , very sobering sitting listening to bird song in an on the surface idyllic location but knowing its history from less than 100 years before

·
Registered
21,312 Posts
Just done a 2000 mile trip fully loaded on my 2022, held its own at the nurburgring and despite weeks on the Xbox it all went out the window on my first lap and even did a bit of off road when a car nicked my line..scared me shitless. On down to the Somme,Ypres , Lochnagar and Paschendale was truly sobering.
Bike performed faultlessly but.... seat is like a torture device after 2 hrs to my boney arse, left hand fork seals leaking so thats going to go get sorted under warranty, better fuel consumption than the Multistrada and Yam FJR at normal use but it certainly sups when its having its head kicked in, Contisports are awesome tyres.
Excellent ✊🏼

·
Registered
21,312 Posts
Got followed by a 911 when i took the 1290 SDR a couple of years ago. I went every year from 2008->2019, all on sports bikes apart from that one trip on the SDR. Best BTG is a 7:38, but still managed sub 8min on the SDR. Great fun.

Finally someone who can actually ride a SDR fast! Sounds ace 😎

·
Registered
Superduke 1290 R Gen 3
4 Posts
Got followed by a 911 when i took the 1290 SDR a couple of years ago. I went every year from 2008->2019, all on sports bikes apart from that one trip on the SDR. Best BTG is a 7:38, but still managed sub 8min on the SDR. Great fun.

That's impressive pace; less than 20 secs behind Andy C's unofficial lap record

Great video of the SDR and very well ridden. I'll be sharing it with my kids before we go on our trip in July. It'll give them a good view of how crazy the place really is.

We'll be going around in hired 'race cars' complete with roll cages, as sadly I believe the risks are too great to be doing it on two wheels on a TF day, no matter how exhilarating it can be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts