KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know of any really good places where you can hire offroad bikes, MX or Enduro, for the day, with a group of mates, and get some guided riding through tracks, woods, jumps, etc.

The closer to London the better, but happy to travel for the right place, kit and vibe.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Ady's day is good fun but maybe a little limited. Full rnage of 2T and 4T KTM's and you can swap around during the day - I ended up left with the 530 :eek: and no-one wanted to swap so it was a real baptism of fire!
We had a couple of hours learning bike control skills (not as boring as it sounds when you're on a slippery field rather than a nice road or track.
Then had a blat round the field/slightly wooded circuit.
A little more practice after lunch and then spent the afternoon pratting around trying do do jumps and more blatting.
If you've not been off road before (as I hadn't) it was brilliant but if you're experienced it may be a bit restrictive.
You may be able to do a block booking and decide on your own agenda.
It's cost me a fortune as it got me into trail riding as well as road stuff.

I was told by my nearest and dearest that I had to do another try out day before I was allowed to get a bike and I did Patsy Quick's Desert Rose try out day near Hastings on 690SE's (she has 400 EXC's IIRC as well now).
This was similar but in a more controlled environment and didn't really involve great speed (at my lowly level anyway) and Zippy really looked after us - many skills learned and had a great day again.
This seemed more structured and orientated towards technique rather than blatting round the woods but again, you may be able to organise your own agenda.

Both were brilliant and knackering days for around £200 including bikes and gear - you got lunch with Patsy's as well.

Ady's days just inland from Eastbourne are slightly limited in frequency, as are Patsy's in a now different location inland between Rye and Hastings.
Ady's main place is oop north a bit and Patsy's nearer Hampshire I think although she lives near me.

I had a hell of a job finding anywhere to go and was lucky to find these through this wonderful forum with posts by others at the right time. There are trail riding places north of London and in Devon but I don't know about other mx/enduro places as Endurokent don't have hire bikes (they would have been perfect for you as they are just down the A21 near Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells).

Golding Barn Raceway (MX track) near Brighton is bookable for the day but no bikes but they do have a Yamaha day with bikes provided but I don't know what they involve.

Hope that hasn't sent you to sleep.
David

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brilliant help - thanks all. Feel free to keep em coming though.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Might be blasphomy on here but the BMW courses in Wales are very good, choice of bikes,tuition to the correct levels,etc . and you get to break someone else's bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts