KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read a post that said about someone racing a corsa off the lights and it got me thinking. Off the line what would a 450 ktm exc be comparable to? Car wise that is!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol
That did sound a bit boy racer didn't it.
Will just be nice to keep up with my mate (Who lives at home with parents at 30) when my car is a diesel golf estate family wagon.

I promise i'm not sitting here in a Kappa track suit with my hands down my pants and a back to front baseball cap (Or whatever the kids wear these days).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Shouldnt a geared right enduro style bike be quicker than even R6/ Fireblade up to those speeds, given the satelite dish sprocket and instant single cylinder bang?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
My old 250 exc smoker was quicker off the line than my R1 , not up to 60 but certainly for the first 20 yards or so , its hard to keep the front down though and you tend to roll the throttle off , any bike should beat a shitty vauxhall off the line :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I upset Ogri with a slightly boy racer remark but surely that's what bikes are about, having fun and having a laugh.
Not that I intend to go outand hurt myself.
Anyways, are they really that quick off the line? Must be quite scary. Can't wait till I can start playing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This makes me think of the Top Gear video, Ken Block in 600bhp of Subaru and it didn't exactly leave the RMZ for dead

·
Registered
300 Posts
Think I upset Ogri with a slightly boy racer remark but surely that's what bikes are about, having fun and having a laugh.
Not that I intend to go outand hurt myself.
Anyways, are they really that quick off the line? Must be quite scary. Can't wait till I can start playing.

just pulling your plonker mate.i wouldn't get too hung up about horsepower and acceleration,its all about grip off-road.without it or the ability to find it a surfeit of HP is unnecessary and sometimes downright embarrassing.

offroad.....sometimes less is more,particularly during the winter months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts