KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
phil, I don't have a garage to keep my pride and joy. so I keep it in the house.
do you have a box that can be ticked for this? as surely having the bike inside the house should be cheaper than a garage or street!

thanks
mark
Different insurance companies treat these situations differently, just to make my job harder!

If you would like someone to call you for a chat, PM me some details and I have someone determine how we can go about this and who is the best insurer for you.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Different insurance companies treat these situations differently, just to make my job harder!

If you would like someone to call you for a chat, PM me some details and I have someone determine how we can go about this and who is the best insurer for you.
thanks phil, my insurance isn't up for a few months so I'll get back to you around then

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
They struggled to match my renewal, but to give them credit, they did it after an hour or so - and i got to speak to a real person!!!

So, i'll be changing my insurance with them next week :burnout:

as a side note, my current insurer rang me yesterday asking if i wanted to go ahead with their policy. When i declined and told them i had a cheaper quote and asked for them to forward me some proof of NCB, as i know it will be required for the new policy, they said that they can't do it untill the current policy expires. Is this them just being arsey, or is it standard practice now? i've never had this problem before!

·
Registered
946 Posts
They struggled to match my renewal, but to give them credit, they did it after an hour or so - and i got to speak to a real person!!!

So, i'll be changing my insurance with them next week :burnout:

as a side note, my current insurer rang me yesterday asking if i wanted to go ahead with their policy. When i declined and told them i had a cheaper quote and asked for them to forward me some proof of NCB, as i know it will be required for the new policy, they said that they can't do it untill the current policy expires. Is this them just being arsey, or is it standard practice now? i've never had this problem before!
Technically your entitlement is not available or at the correct level until the expiry date. However, don't worry about it. If we had to wait until insurers provided the confirmation to be forwarded to us, it would be an impossible situation and the customer would suffer.

If you have the relevant details on hand (broker / insurer, telephone number and policy number) when you arrange our cover, we can call them for you and take verbal confirmation. Anything to finalise your policy as soon as possible.

One point I will make is that some insurers refuse to confirm the entitlement to us verbally due to the Data Protection Act, so it may be best to tell them that we have permission to obtain this information on your behalf. It may also be a good idea to tell them to lapse with effect from the renewal date and not after.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
864 Posts
i talked to your guys the other day about a quote,

No breakdown cover, which is included in my policy I have just now and not allowed to ride other bikes TP. :frown: also I would need to go out and buy a disklok and use it everytime i left the bike. TBH i dont leave the bike anywhere when i go out on it thats it then it goes back through the (person sized door not garage door) into the concrete outhouse where it stays.

Plus I got the boy down to £156 quid, then once it was there i mentioned to him about the official forum discount.

his words were " thats already as low as we can go" then i explained about the discount agreement on here, but he just said no possibility of going any lower

dont know whether i just had a boy who didnt give a toss but he wasn't very helpful. and i still havent got insurance.

and im asking for TPF&T Im 26 just now with 2 years NCB. and i doubt there will be a high rate of them getting stolen up where i stay there only is about three motos I know of in the area at all.

·
Registered
946 Posts
i talked to your guys the other day about a quote,

No breakdown cover, which is included in my policy I have just now and not allowed to ride other bikes TP. :frown: also I would need to go out and buy a disklok and use it everytime i left the bike. TBH i dont leave the bike anywhere when i go out on it thats it then it goes back through the (person sized door not garage door) into the concrete outhouse where it stays.

Plus I got the boy down to £156 quid, then once it was there i mentioned to him about the official forum discount.

his words were " thats already as low as we can go" then i explained about the discount agreement on here, but he just said no possibility of going any lower

dont know whether i just had a boy who didnt give a toss but he wasn't very helpful. and i still havent got insurance.

and im asking for TPF&T Im 26 just now with 2 years NCB. and i doubt there will be a high rate of them getting stolen up where i stay there only is about three motos I know of in the area at all.
Can you PM me your details so I can look into this for you?

Cheers,

·
Registered
864 Posts
Phil has had this sorted for me now.

down to 146 also now allowed to ride other bikes and they added my exhaust and air filter. Very impressed with the service and I will be buying this policy within the next week or two.

didn't in include breakdown but that I'm not too fussed about, i'm never far from home and got a trailer!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Phil has had this sorted for me now.

down to 146 also now allowed to ride other bikes and they added my exhaust and air filter. Very impressed with the service and I will be buying this policy within the next week or two.

didn't in include breakdown but that I'm not too fussed about, i'm never far from home and got a trailer!
Glad we got there in the end. Apologies for any inconvenience the first time around.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Phil

Are you located near Kings Lynn Norfolk? If so when my insurance is due I will come around for a vist and a quote.
Sure am Buddy. East Winch, between KL and Swaffham on the A47.

When are you do? You can either give me a shout or pop in and ask for me.

You local then?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I just tried a quote on line and came out more expensive than anywhere else I tried that was before I even got to add my points - Do I need to speak to you direct Phil? I didn't see anywhere to put the site as a reference either - yeah I am a dumbass when it comes to computers etc! Don't panic I'm not a bad case (I hope) 4 years ncb, 10 years riding only 3 points for speeding :(

21 - 40 of 501 Posts