KTM Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
same here bike sure are cool. renewl for the hornet £146 with bennets .
caneled my 525 insurance (with bikesure had since feb) put the 2 bikes togeather on a multi and got a wicked quote of £224, with the money i had back from the 525 canceled had to pay £126. saved my a few quid

very very happy will be going back every year from now on

·
Registered
946 Posts
I just tried a quote on line and came out more expensive than anywhere else I tried that was before I even got to add my points - Do I need to speak to you direct Phil? I didn't see anywhere to put the site as a reference either - yeah I am a dumbass when it comes to computers etc! Don't panic I'm not a bad case (I hope) 4 years ncb, 10 years riding only 3 points for speeding :(
Griff,

Sorry to hear that you had difficulties with the on-line quote. It can be the case that a better quotation can be offered if we speak with you as we can get a better understanding of the risk and your needs. Also, we can speak with the insurance companies and aks for some assistance.

If you would like us to try again to help you out, PM me some details and I'll have an underwriter call you for a chat, ie contact number, quotes you have received and some brief details of the postcode and garaging situation.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
946 Posts
same here bike sure are cool. renewl for the hornet £146 with bennets .
caneled my 525 insurance (with bikesure had since feb) put the 2 bikes togeather on a multi and got a wicked quote of £224, with the money i had back from the 525 canceled had to pay £126. saved my a few quid

very very happy will be going back every year from now on
Excellent. We're on a bit of a roll here.

I'll be honest with you guys, I can not guarantee that we will have the cheapest quotation or that you will insure with us. However, I will guarantee that we will do everything possible to try and get you a policy that you will be happy with. It will always be the most competative available to us.

I've said it before, I do not receive any financial gain from the policies that are arranged. Absolutely nothing. However, I do like to see happy forum members and kind comments about Bikesure. If the shoe was on the other foot, I would appreciate someone trying to help me out. I've received a lot of advices on here with my SD07 and this is my way of giving something back as I have nothing in the way of useful information, haha.

One last thing,

Stop apologising when you PM me!!!

That's what I'm here for. You're not disturbing me and I'm always happy to get involved.

Take care all,

Phil

·
Registered
640 Posts
Griff,

Sorry to hear that you had difficulties with the on-line quote. It can be the case that a better quotation can be offered if we speak with you as we can get a better understanding of the risk and your needs. Also, we can speak with the insurance companies and aks for some assistance.

If you would like us to try again to help you out, PM me some details and I'll have an underwriter call you for a chat, ie contact number, quotes you have received and some brief details of the postcode and garaging situation.

Cheers,

Phil
Cheers Phil PM sent :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
After Phils input I now have an excellent quote and will be taking the policy out as soon as I know the reg number.

Cheers for your help - highly recommended and will recommend where ever I can

·
Registered
946 Posts
After Phils input I now have an excellent quote and will be taking the policy out as soon as I know the reg number.

Cheers for your help - highly recommended and will recommend where ever I can
I'm glad we could help out, Buddy.

If you need anything, let me know.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
946 Posts
Got a good renewal from my current insurer for my 990 adv £150, phil managed to get a dual policy for my 990 and 250 exc both fully comp for £183.76. Would reccommend. Just waiting on a call to go for a blat.
Glad we could sort your insurance for you, Buddy.

I'll give you a buzz as soon as the sun and the other-half are out!

·
Registered
53 Posts
not great for me. unable to insure at all unless it's garaged even though it's kept out of sight behind electronic gate in private car park and almax chained, ground anchored and alarmed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cheapest I could find but my old insurance company wouldn't go near my KTM so had no choice but to go else where, ended up losing out on having 3 years no claims even though I was just over a month away from it.

Lesson learnt for me is not to change bikes just before insurance renewal date.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Cheapest I could find but my old insurance company wouldn't go near my KTM so had no choice but to go else where, ended up losing out on having 3 years no claims even though I was just over a month away from it.

Lesson learnt for me is not to change bikes just before insurance renewal date.
Presumably you only lost out on the third year, they are not refusing to release your entitlement are they?

Look on the bright side, the difference between 2 and 3 years NCB is usually only 10% and you are probably now with a more accommodating broker / insurer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Presumably you only lost out on the third year, they are not refusing to release your entitlement are they?

Look on the bright side, the difference between 2 and 3 years NCB is usually only 10% and you are probably now with a more accommodating broker / insurer.
Still got my 2 years ncb so not all is lost.

·
Registered
627 Posts
hi phil looking to re in sure my bike in august if i send some details to ya is it possible to sort a call back out cheers neil

·
Registered
946 Posts
hi phil looking to re in sure my bike in august if i send some details to ya is it possible to sort a call back out cheers neil
Sure is.

PM me some details with your contact number and we'll make some provisional enquiries before calling you back for a chat.

Postcode and whether garage?
Bike?
Claims and convictions?
Modifications?

That kind of thing.

Speak soon,

Phil

·
12,587 Posts
had a quote from bikesure yesterday... suffice to say, i wont bother looking anywhere else. the quote i got was less then half of what i was expecting and that was with all modifications listed. the level of cover i think is unbeatable.

i never listed mods to a bike before but god knows why, the price with all the mods listed and agreed was peanuts...why take the risk!!??

overall a fantastic service from start to finish, if you need insurance and to be honest even if you dont yet, get a quote from these guys!!!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
had a quote from bikesure yesterday... suffice to say, i wont bother looking anywhere else. the quote i got was less then half of what i was expecting and that was with all modifications listed. the level of cover i think is unbeatable.

i never listed mods to a bike before but god knows why, the price with all the mods listed and agreed was peanuts...why take the risk!!??

overall a fantastic service from start to finish, if you need insurance and to be honest even if you dont yet, get a quote from these guys!!!!
Kind words and I'm glad we could help. Let me know when you want the cover to start and I'll have an underwriter call you. Any money saved on your phone bill can be spend on petrol.....or more mods!

As I've said in the past, it is not worth the risk of non-disclosing modifications to your insurer and I do not see the point in not fitting the modifications that you want just because of your insurer. If you are having problems with getting cover for the modifications that you want, you are with the wrong insurance company, simple as that.

It all comes down to the relationship with the insurers. We cover £25,000 one-off customs down to scooters, trikes and quads and everything in between. If you take into consideration that we can arrange cover for a 'busa with a supercharger / NOS, then you realise that exhausts, PCs and air boxes are fine. In fact they are almost encouraged, haha.

Adrian Flux / Bikesure's school of thought has always been that there is a turning point with modifications and it can be argued that someone who heavily modifies a vehicle to an acceptable standard is an "enthusiast", which is something we love!

Take care all,

Phil

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Right renewal time is fast approaching for me (22nd Aug) but i can't seem to get onto the website to get a quote:confused:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Right renewal time is fast approaching for me (22nd Aug) but i can't seem to get onto the website to get a quote:confused:
Morning,

Did you want to PM me some details and I'll have an underwriter call you back?

Address and whether garaged?
Bike and any modifications?
Claims and convictions?
Best quotation to date?
Best contact number?

Cheers,

Phil

41 - 60 of 501 Posts