KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah great new looks like my rc8 has some sort of engine trouble ie,using water and a mass amount of oil and a very strange rattling noise coming from the engine....

so off to the dealer YET AGAIN for the diagnosis

come on guys every post ive ever read on here about the rc8 woes have finished with "but what a bike "

but how much is enough think ktm are taking the piss with the rc8

my probs so far:

tail light not working
gear shifter not returning
cracked swingarm
leaking fork legs (actual bottom off fork foots )
and the paint issues (not down to ktm dream machine probs)
and now this engine problem

to say im pissed is an understatement

sorry guys but i regret ever changing from a jap bike i love the rc8 but i will never have another

rant over :)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Throw it back at them then bud, Id be just as pissed if it was all happeneing to me, luckily ive not had an issue but admitadly most that do are 08 bikes.

I know its a bastard but in all honesty a bikes a bike, if it aint floating your boat id get rid cos it'll just piss you off.

·
Registered
819 Posts
As he says mate, its time to lose it. I loved mine, but it spent a few days every month at the dealer getting something or other fixed.
Once it came up on the camshaft and piston recall list it was gone within a week. Worst bike I've ever owned for glitches and recalls.
Was up for buying another sports bike a few months ago, and I toyed with an R (for about 2 mins) and then went with Ducati.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
sounds like a bad one , your just the unlucky recipient of it , 16200miles ive done no real issue's, no matter what bike you buy there are always a few problem children sounds like one of them!
sorry to hear you don't like it but i also understand where your coming from mate!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
As he says mate, its time to lose it. I loved mine, but it spent a few days every month at the dealer getting something or other fixed.
Once it came up on the camshaft and piston recall list it was gone within a week. Worst bike I've ever owned for glitches and recalls.
Was up for buying another sports bike a few months ago, and I toyed with an R (for about 2 mins) and then went with Ducati.
ducati:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
every one i know who have them have been worse than his 8 ,, 3 engines in a 1098 in 18,000 thats a joke then they quibbled over his warranty and were:wanker:eek:ver it, he is the proud owner of a s1000rr now , so yet again all bikes suffer its wether your lucky or not!

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
You've had more problems with that bike than i've had with every bike i've ever owned. 11'000 miles and love everyone of them.:D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys i know what you are saying but im not prepared to lose that amount of money on it...

the dealer has offered to buy it back but tbh hes takin the piss with the amount

and the fookin mad thing is i still LOVE the fookin thing aaarrrrrggggghhhhhh lol

at the end of the day the dealer does not want me camped out side his door and the bikes under warranty so its gunna be prepared what ive asked for is a partial refund and ill be happy.

thing is i owe half on hp and the rest is mines if i let it go for what the dealers offered me ill lose shit loads and i aint prepared to do that.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
guys i know what you are saying but im not prepared to lose that amount of money on it...

the dealer has offered to buy it back but tbh hes takin the piss with the amount

and the fookin mad thing is i still LOVE the fookin thing aaarrrrrggggghhhhhh lol

at the end of the day the dealer does not want me camped out side his door and the bikes under warranty so its gunna be prepared what ive asked for is a partial refund and ill be happy.

thing is i owe half on hp and the rest is mines if i let it go for what the dealers offered me ill lose shit loads and i aint prepared to do that.

do whats best for you mate foooook the dealers they all make money some shape or form, but i'll never thank ktm for lowering there prices chimps, its fooked us all in one way or another!

·
Registered
819 Posts
ducati:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
every one i know who have them have been worse than his 8 ,, 3 engines in a 1098 in 18,000 thats a joke then they quibbled over his warranty and were:wanker:eek:ver it, he is the proud owner of a s1000rr now , so yet again all bikes suffer its wether your lucky or not!
You must be right about luck then as this is my 7th Ducati, and I've had no probs with any of them up to now.
3 engines in 18k sounds like someone dont know how to look after stuff. They certainly cant be treat like Jap multis
thats for sure.

Anyways Bond, sounds like you will just have to balance the goods and bads and see where you come out.
If the bikes becoming a regular chore, it spoils your enjoyment. How much is the enjoyment worth?
I think with a bike like this (toy not major transport) if it aint keeping ya smiling then its not doing what it was bought for.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
You must be right about luck then as this is my 7th Ducati, and I've had no probs with any of them up to now.
3 engines in 18k sounds like someone dont know how to look after stuff. They certainly cant be treat like Jap multis
thats for sure.

Anyways Bond, sounds like you will just have to balance the goods and bads and see where you come out.
If the bikes becoming a regular chore, it spoils your enjoyment. How much is the enjoyment worth?
I think with a bike like this (toy not major transport) if it aint keeping ya smiling then its not doing what it was bought for.
i know what your saying i had an aprilia mille which everybody said they were italian unreliable shite but i did 41,000 mile and that bike is still going strong to this day and was awsome, my point was sometimes theres a duck in the pack , someone "who don't know how to look after stuff makes me chuckle"he got it serviced by ducati on the dot everytime and thats what happened! but he did ride it hard!

!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive owned a lot of different sports bikes and not one except the sp1 comes close to the rc8... it never ceases to amaze me every time i ride it and thats the problem i cant bring myself to get rid.

the saving grace in all this is the warranty ive got 1 and a half years left then i can extend for a futher 2 yrs. i plan to have the bike a min 3yrs then punt it on (if it survives that long or me lol).
if this was near the end of the extended warranty the no question it would be fooked off.

i know a lot of you must be thinking im a rite mug but i cant afford to lose that amount of money and i do really love the bike and the attention it gets ( i is an attention whore lol)

ive told the dealer give me a partial refund and we will call it quits and ill put up with any more if probs or ill go down the legal route which ive already sought and go for the whole money back route

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
ive owned a lot of different sports bikes and not one except the sp1 comes close to the rc8... it never ceases to amaze me every time i ride it and thats the problem i cant bring myself to get rid.

the saving grace in all this is the warranty ive got 1 and a half years left then i can extend for a futher 2 yrs. i plan to have the bike a min 3yrs then punt it on (if it survives that long or me lol).
if this was near the end of the extended warranty the no question it would be fooked off.

i know a lot of you must be thinking im a rite mug but i cant afford to lose that amount of money and i do really love the bike and the attention it gets ( i is an attention whore lol)

ive told the dealer give me a partial refund and we will call it quits and ill put up with any more if probs or ill go down the legal route which ive already sought and go for the whole money back route
fair play mate and goodluck whatever you decide!

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Arse biscuit

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bit of an update the 8 will no longer be going back to the dealer it came from (premier bikes,didcot) its now in the hands of redline motorcycles which in im very confident will resolve whatever issue the 8 has.

its a shame really because premier has done me some good service but to be honest the attitude of them over the past few weeks is well shocking really.

i would certainly not recommened this dealer to anyone at all

but on a good note cant wait to get the 8 back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts