KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted a Ht oil cooler on their ktm? They seem really popular in the US perhaps because of the need for longer trail riding. But no one seems interested in the UK.

Just wondering if they're actually worth getting?

08 EXC-R 450

·
Premium Member
31,568 Posts
It never gets hot over here, thats why!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Has anyone fitted a Ht oil cooler on their ktm? They seem really popular in the US perhaps because of the need for longer trail riding. But no one seems interested in the UK.

Just wondering if they're actually worth getting?

08 EXC-R 450
Id only bother if youre doing very long distances - or a lot of road riding where youre going to have it pinned at high revs for ages (and even then, perhaps it doesnt get hot enough here to worry about).

I have one on my 525 in Australia - because I use it as an adv bike. I wouldnt bother if youre just trail riding in the UK.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys

I usually do rides of about 40 mile roundtrips on the road, try to stick to the country roads as much as possible. I would like to do the occasional trip down to essex which is about 90 miles from me. Not really sure if these bikes are up to it though?

I've ordered a fat kit aswell hopefully this will do the job!

Thanks for the advice :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
The Yanks do seem to go for them in a big way to increase oil change interval as well as keeping oil cooler. Probably not bad but if you look back here Katie Em has done massive mileages on her 400 RFS (not far away from 20k miles if I remember) and also toured Spain in the Pyrenees on her newer 400 without an oil cooler without a hitch!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.